Finally took the plunge and upgraded my wheels and tires. - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
IMHO don't do it.

That front spoiler is quite hard to judge exactly where it is, and at stock height it will clear a "standard" curb block. This also means you're ok with a speed bump, since those are set specifically to less than that height in total. Down 1" it will NOT clear the curb block and might not clear a speed bump. If you prang it you're NOT going to like the price of fixing it either. If I did this I'd put front ultrasonic sensors on that lip for sure because ONE mistake is probably going to cost you $1,000+ instantly.

In addition if you ever drive where water isn't liquid that lack of clearance between tire and well is going to become a problem in a big hurry, maybe with significant damage associated to the liners or even body panels. If you NEVER go where ice or snow is a factor then it's fine, but if not.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Car looks good! I wish I had continental dws money, but I only had Delinte d7 money, lol. Also, ditto on the 245's. Any wider in the front and most folks will have issues unless the offset is dialed in and I'm on 20x10 +45, 245/35. The rear needs a spacer of prob 5-10mm or so to match the front.

And as far as lowering goes, I'm in NC and I'm lowered 2 inches and I havnt had an issue with speed bumps. It does not clear curbs, but I don't pull in, I back in 99% of the time, when possible and sometimes when not possible, lol.

1 inch I dont think is a big deal. It gives it a more aggressive/modern/sporty look without sacrificing anything but 1 inch. And if anyone is worrying about curbs, then yall are prob what I call "curb touchers" in which you judge a curb by touching it with the front tire.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Dougspeed likes this.

*2014 M6GT, Maxie G, stock as she can be.
*2009 Mazda 3 Sport - Sold
*1993 Mazda Protégé, Sell Pending*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
One inch drop is nothing to worry about at all, My normal ride height is 3.5"- 4" dropped and still able to drive normal no issue going over speed bumps, dips, this car tends to have a lot of clearance even after a drastic drop.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 02:19 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 778 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2855 Post(s)
Thanked 4,046 Times in 2,840 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93blkongreenpro View Post
1 inch I dont think is a big deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadStyle View Post
One inch drop is nothing to worry about at all, My normal ride height is 3.5"- 4" dropped and still able to drive normal no issue going over speed bumps, dips, this car tends to have a lot of clearance even after a drastic drop.
Definitely sounds like ya'll live in NC and LA lol. 1 inch drop around here means scraping or not in a LOT of cases. I scrape on stock height more than I'd like to and I'm careful to avoid everything I can.

THAT BEING SAID: Let's get the subject back on topic of how nice OP's ride looks. We can discuss the pros and cons of lowering in another thread
93blkongreenpro and Jimmyol2 like this.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Looks amazing!! Lowering it for 1" makes a huge difference IMO

2014 Mazda6 GT, Soul Red
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
They remind me of my nurbies - love them!
It was a tough choice between the Nurburgrings and these, but I wanted to have a more aggressive concave design since my car is lowered, so I decided on these. Love both styles though.
93blkongreenpro likes this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 08:49 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougspeed View Post
Continental Extremecontact Sport+
The car looks great! I really like those wheels, and I have the same tires on my ride. It's definitely a noticeable difference switching out the OEM wheels & tires for lightweight rims and grippy tires. I saved around 10-11 lbs per wheel/tire combo with my set up, and it makes the car way more fun to drive.

I really like the lowered look, would like to do that to mine but up here in NE Ohio, it probably wouldn't be practical.

2018 Mazda6 GTR – White Pearl

ENKEI Tuning Series TD5 Pearl Black | CONTINENTAL Extreme Contact Sport | CorkSport Boost Tube | Tanabe Strut Tower Brace | Tinted Windows | OEM Splash Guards | Door Sill Trim Plates | Husky Liners Floor Mats

Ready to Install: Ultra Racing Rear Anti-Sway Bar

Thinking About: CorkSport Intercooler Upgrade | CorkSport Intercooler Piping Upgrade | Aftermarket Exhaust | Free-flow Cat | ECU Tune
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
This looks great! I want to do this, but I’m going to wait until my tires wear out all the way. One question, how come you went with lowering springs instead of a full coilover set?

Check out my build/mods:

eBay profile:

Instagram:

2015 Mazda 6 Sport
-Soul Red
-2.5L
-Automatic

Mod List *Always in progress*
1. Debadge (lol) 03/09/2019
2. Interior LED's 03/16/2019
3. Front Strut Tower Bar 03/23/2019
4. Front License Plate Delete (lol) 03/24/2019
5. CorkSport Axelback Exhaust 03/29/2019
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Groans: 3
I've run coilovers on my previous cars and they are no good for daily driving. Unless you plan to track your car and can afford to have a suspension tuner set it up just right with the proper corner weighting or you're just trying to slam your car for asthetics, lowering springs are a better choice for 90% of the people out there. Reason being is that coilovers never ride as smooth or as comfortably as a regular lowering spring setup. Even with higher-end coilovers like the set I had with adjustments for both compression and rebound, they were just waaay too harsh to deal with on a daily basis. Cornered like it was on rails, but not really easy to live with. A good set of Koni or Bilstein shocks/struts paired with a nice set of lowering springs will perform nearly as well as the coilovers but without the ride quality penalty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page