2018 mazda 6 apple carplay free for good? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
2018 mazda 6 apple carplay free for good?

my friend told me his apple carplay is free for 5 years(bmw) and payment is required after. is that same for mazda?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
No payment required once you have the required hardware and software.

In fact, I don't think Apple and Google would let anybody make money from their platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 10:31 PM

Garage
Well I'll be damned... BMW USA will be charging a yearly fee for Apple Carplay...

https://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatur...to-bmw-canada/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:41 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 778 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2853 Post(s)
Thanked 4,046 Times in 2,840 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
LOL BMW's gotta make money somehow I guess.

So far as I know, Mazda's agreement with Apple Car play is such that, if you have the data for your phone, you can use it.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Here's the thing about this I feel people overlook: If you buy/lease a BMW, there won't be reason for you to use Apple CarPlay. Plain and simple. BMW's infotainment solution is multitudes better than what Mazda offers to the point CarPlay actually feels disconnected from it. Remember, Mazda took cues from BMW for their infotainment platform, not the other way around. Just look at the 2019 Mazda 3's system. Guess who finally went to 1280x480 to include split-screen? Yeah.

And frankly CarPlay is just okay, it's not great but it's not terrible either. CarPlay is far overrated for what it is. As I've always said it's a viable alternative only when you have nothing else. Now, BMW going to the subscription model for it is a bit ridiculous, but at the end of the day it won't matter for anyone who's at least leasing a BMW since it's factored into the cost and their lease would end before the included subscription ends anyways. And if you're buying a BMW, you're likely not buying it for the infotainment system.

Last edited by MZ6Alex; 03-18-2019 at 11:37 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 06:22 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 48 Times in 41 Posts
unlimited data or unlimited streaming is a must when having either spotify or apple music

i only have 5gb of data but if it wasn't for the unlimited music streaming i would burn out those 5gb quickly
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
unlimited data or unlimited streaming is a must when having either spotify or apple music

i only have 5gb of data but if it wasn't for the unlimited music streaming i would burn out those 5gb quickly

This. Or you need to download the playlists you listen the most to limit the data usage.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Carplay really seems overrated to me and others who have it have told me they felt this way. IDK, I just don't care about it. I have an iPod I plug in the USB, plus some things on my phone and I'm good. I guess I don't really get the appeal that makes it worth the money, but I drove an 06' until 3 months ago so I'm not the person who would truly appreciate it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightshen View Post
Carplay really seems overrated to me and others who have it have told me they felt this way. IDK, I just don't care about it. I have an iPod I plug in the USB, plus some things on my phone and I'm good. I guess I don't really get the appeal that makes it worth the money, but I drove an 06' until 3 months ago so I'm not the person who would truly appreciate it.
IMO, carplay maybe over rated, but I'm definitely a growing fan of Android Auto. Not only is the interface "prettier" than MZConnect, the constant map updates, realtime traffic and music options bring the entire entertainment system up tot he level of what German cars offer.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocramida View Post
IMO, carplay maybe over rated, but I'm definitely a growing fan of Android Auto. Not only is the interface "prettier" than MZConnect, the constant map updates, realtime traffic and music options bring the entire entertainment system up tot he level of what German cars offer.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I totally agree! I presently use my android phone running AA natively in my 1st gen with a grom bluetooth adapter. I have to say that it is a well executed program in both function and form. The google assistant is quite perceptive and the talk to text is good enough to use for quick messages. I'm a fan.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in