LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
keyless remote issues

Sometimes when I'm driving, the keyless entry alert beeps several times and the red key icon begins flashing on the dash for the duration of the drive. Then this morning, my wife (using a different key fob from mine) told me that the car would not let her unlock the doors or open the trunk from inside using the car-mounted switches.

It sounds like the car is maybe thinking that the key fob is no longer in the car. Has anyone encountered this issue?

This is a 2014 6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toecheese View Post
Sometimes when I'm driving, the keyless entry alert beeps several times and the red key icon begins flashing on the dash for the duration of the drive. Then this morning, my wife (using a different key fob from mine) told me that the car would not let her unlock the doors or open the trunk from inside using the car-mounted switches.

It sounds like the car is maybe thinking that the key fob is no longer in the car. Has anyone encountered this issue?

This is a 2014 6.
I haven't but I also replace my battery once every year or two when it starts to act up in other ways. Have you replaced the batteries? I also have a 2014 6.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 786 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2908 Post(s)
Thanked 4,068 Times in 2,857 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
I'd say replace the battery as well. I haven't seen/heard this behavior before but it's definitely indicative of a dying electronic.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page