LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
3 Years & Still in Love

I had washed the car yesterday and as I walked out of work the sun was hitting it at just the right angle.
It was looking so freaking good it reminded me of the feeling I had when I first bought it.I had to take a picture and share it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B031F80B-4658-49A8-A8D7-F5771D4CA175_1549501150388.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	226294  
The Following User Says Thank You to ajit_joon For This Useful Post:
K_Clark_17RTR (02-07-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajit_joon View Post
I had washed the car yesterday and as I walked out of work the sun was hitting it at just the right angle.
It was looking so freaking good it reminded me of the feeling I had when I first bought it.I had to take a picture and share it.
Nice. The 6 looks so good in white.

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6 | 5MT | Steel Gray Metallic |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: NGK Iridium IX plugs | Matte black painted OEM wheels | Painted calipers (red) | Light black "smoked" headlights | R1 Concepts eLine rear rotors and pads | Rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Very Pretty! I have the same feeling.

I park at the far end of the lot and as I walk towards my 10 year old sportwagon, it just gleams in the sunlight,
shows off all the angles and looks so different from all the other boxes in the lot.

I just love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 09:19 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 773 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2829 Post(s)
Thanked 4,040 Times in 2,837 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
As of the 15th I will have had mine for 6 years now. Still makes me smile every time I see it hanging out somewhere in a lot

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I wish I felt the same, first time in 10 years that I never look back at my car. I guess compared to other Sedans on the market It's nice but not really my cup of tea. I just miss having RWD & TQ.

2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6 Spd Manual Deep Crystal Blue Metallic- Cork Sport SRI w/Cold Air Box, Racing Beat Exhaust, JBR Short Shift Plate, Full Kicker Audio.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 09:13 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajit_joon View Post
Wow, it looks gorgeous!

I'm constantly taking second glances at my car and looking at other Mazdas, they are just so good looking. Mazda's paint colors are amazing. I don't normally love red or white cars but it's different with the Mazda's, they both look gorgeous to me. It's especially true when the sun hits them, the white looks pearly and changes in a cool way, the red is shimmery and just stunning.

In any other car I would go for basic gunmetal, but Mazda's capture my love for blue in a way most cars don't. The Deep Chrystal Blue with the the sun hitting it is probably my favorite look. My neighbor has one, on a sunny day I always look when I drive by. Overall Blue Reflex is the color for me and the reason I even started looking into Mazdas. I saw a Blue Reflex 6 on a Carmax lot, and in that massive sea of cars, it stood out and made me think I shouldn't just settle for any boring car (I was looking at Honda's and Fusions). After lots of research, I ended up buying a 17' Blue Reflex GT. I got an amazing deal on a top trim model with only 2K miles. I'm frugal and never thought I'd pay for leather and sunroof, but on a car I really like I wanted the extras. I'm so glad I have a black headliner, I love it, and will never go back, it makes the sunroof and windshield pop.

That shade of blue reminds me of a certain deep saturated blue sky that would happen sometimes in the place where I grew up. I love it in all different lighting, like all of their colors it seems to change with the lighting. I can't walk away without a glance back at it. Sometimes I sort of go behind the bushes so I can look at it for a little longer without looking too weird and people wondering what I'm doing out there. I've only had it 2 months, so I'm still highly infatuated. I assume that will pass a bit. My bf is always looking at me like I'm nuts, being on a car forum is bizarre for me.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 09:19 PM
Learners License

Garage
Wow, sorry, I went off on a tangent about my own car. You really captured the beauty of your white 6 in that pic, it looks amazing!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 09:43 PM
Learners License

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza85 View Post
I wish I felt the same, first time in 10 years that I never look back at my car. I guess compared to other Sedans on the market It's nice but not really my cup of tea. I just miss having RWD & TQ.
That's a bummer, maybe it's time to switch it up if you can. I drove I car I didn't like for 5 years because it was paid for and I didn't feel like dealing with buying a new one. It wasn't a huge deal but I do think it dragged me down a bit (1st world problems, I know). It feels really good to have a car I love and feel good about. It's made me feel better about everything, I ended up buying some new clothes too, I didn't want to get into my nice car wearing clothes I don't like or don't look good on me anymore. I know these are just things, but when one feels good about what they wear, drive, and their home, etc. it helps everything feel better.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Cars are pretty much the second most expensive product we buy, so I always scratch my head and wonder why someone would put down thay sort of cash and NOT love it. IMO

Also can never understand how people can spend that much money and NOT take care of their car. Seems wasteful and stupid. IMO

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
The Following User Says Thank You to ocramida For This Useful Post:
Mz6GreyGhost (02-08-2019)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
The only reason I still keep the car is because the payment is under $200/Mo & I owe $9K left on it so I just deal with it. Plus with a home mortgage I'd rather use my extra cash from the low car payment towards my project vehicle. Upside about it is if the Mazda6 gets wrecked then I wouldn't feel anything & then I would buy something else I'd enjoy driving.

2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6 Spd Manual Deep Crystal Blue Metallic- Cork Sport SRI w/Cold Air Box, Racing Beat Exhaust, JBR Short Shift Plate, Full Kicker Audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page