Mazda 6 Forums banner

Cruise control does not turn off!! HAZARD!!

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  tickerguy 
#1 ·
Does anyone know WTF is up with my cruise control on my 2017 Mazda6??? I can't turn it off unless i hit the brakes and even then it's not fully off. The cruise control icon remains (in white not green coloured) meaning it's ready to activate again. When I hit the "off/can" button it decreases my speed when pressed and when i hit "set/-" it increases my speed. The "on" and "res/+" buttons do nothing.

I find this to be quite the safety hazard. Is this something that should be covered under warranty and even if it's not under warranty since it's a hazard??

I have a video of this in action but i don't know how to upload it.

#6 ·
From time to time, my CC is Off but I have no recollection of turning it Off. It does not turn off while actively using it. It turns off either after the car is shut off or between cancel and resume events. I don't know if it's the car or if I'm accidentally tapping the Off button.

#7 ·
Yep -- that's how it's supposed to work.

Unless you hit the OFF button the light on the dash will be amber or white in color, meaning "available but not engaged."

This is "sticky" across ignition off/on as well.

Incidentally this is exactly how my VW Jetta works, except the "arm" switch (on/off) is a physical switch on the stalk.

#9 ·
BTW one of the EXTREMELY annoying differences between European and Asian-sourced vehicles is that European vehicles tend to have the audio controls on one side and Asian ones on the other. This means if you drive BOTH you'll often hit what you THINK is the "speed up/down" button for the cruise control and actually get the radio volume -- and vice-versa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.