18'' aftermarket wheels for 17 sport - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Byakuya

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
18'' aftermarket wheels for 17 sport

Hi, All
I have 17 sport bought at 2017, now I have 22k on the clock. thinking to upgrade the wheel to 18''.
I am living in the New England area, potholes everywhere, even on the highway, say 495. 18'' with 50 profile sidewall should be good.
any of you running on 18'', can you post pictures. it is hard to find the pictures online for 6 on 18''.
what brand you guys recommand?.
I am looking at Enkei TSP 5 around 20 lbs(tilt cast and flow form). is that as strong as OEM wheels since enkei is good brand and make wheels for some japanese cars.
any recommendation is welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 09:11 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 764 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2768 Post(s)
Thanked 4,011 Times in 2,818 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Depends on what you want to do. Are you running all-seasons on these, or thinking of getting a dedicated set for winter? I have a dedicated set of 17s and boy, have they saved my bacon a few times.

I run 20s when it's not winter and so far I've bent a rim real bad on 190 and ruined a tire on 495. Blah.

Regardless, 18s will be FINE, but it never hurts to have extra padding. If you get the right 17s, this car still looks great on them, but obviously 18s will fill the gap a bit better. Here's mine with the 17s vs with the 20s:

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Depends on what you want to do. Are you running all-seasons on these, or thinking of getting a dedicated set for winter? I have a dedicated set of 17s and boy, have they saved my bacon a few times.

I run 20s when it's not winter and so far I've bent a rim real bad on 190 and ruined a tire on 495. Blah.

Regardless, 18s will be FINE, but it never hurts to have extra padding. If you get the right 17s, this car still looks great on them, but obviously 18s will fill the gap a bit better. Here's mine with the 17s vs with the 20s:

hi
really thank you for sharing the both 17'' and 20''
I want to run all season on 18'', completely get rid of 17''. so I need a set of STRONG, good looking, LIGHT weight rims to run all season all road condition(not meant to off-road)
your 17'' dose not look smaller at all, like 18''
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

[QUOTE=Byakuya;5029540]Depends on what you want to do. Are you running all-seasons on these, or thinking of getting a dedicated set for winter? I have a dedicated set of 17s and boy, have they saved my bacon a few times.

20s got bent? what is the rim brand? and construction? looks like TSW?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 764 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2768 Post(s)
Thanked 4,011 Times in 2,818 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lltfly View Post
so I need a set of STRONG, good looking, LIGHT weight rims to run all season all road condition
Unfortunately, that's going to limit your selections. My suggestion would be to stay away from thin-spoked rims and stick with something a little more solid like my 5-spokes. For example: my summer rims, TSW Nurburgrings, are very light and have lots of little spokes - terrible for hitting potholes.

Oh and for winter I run some random Elbrus rims I got off a guy on craigslist haha. They've hit some baaaaad holes and held together great.

But, it does all come down to your budget and your opinion. Here's some random ones I found on Wheelfire that would probably do just fine:

Niche Altair M192

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

MAZDA M012 ALLOY RIMS

I have found a dealer from Canada selling the MAZDA M012 ALLOY RIMS for 200 usd a piece. weigh around 23.3 lbs
it is Mazda brand, can it be considered as OEM?
how is the quality and solidity about the Mazda accessory wheel. 200 usd per piece is way cheaper than OEM style. wondering about any quality difference comparing to OEM.
this wheel looks amazing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page