Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum (https://forum.mazda6club.com/)
-   3rd-Gen (https://forum.mazda6club.com/490-3rd-gen/)
-   -   Infotainment Screen No Worky on Brand New 2018 (https://forum.mazda6club.com/3rd-gen/436794-infotainment-screen-no-worky-brand-new-2018-a.html)

cutty6 09-12-2018 07:35 PM

Infotainment Screen No Worky on Brand New 2018

Hi, I've had my Mazda6 for about 3 months now, only 750 miles. Three times now since we've owned it, the Infotainment screen is pitch black after I start the vehicle. It doesn't respond to any touch screen or console input. It's almost as if the screen is powered off completely. If I stop then restart the car it fixes itself. It's still under warranty of course, but I can't force repeat the issue to show the dealer the problem.

Has any one else experienced this issue or know the cause?

ocramida 09-12-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutty6 (Post 5019662)
Hi, I've had my Mazda6 for about 3 months now, only 750 miles. Three times now since we've owned it, the Infotainment screen is pitch black after I start the vehicle. It doesn't respond to any touch screen or console input. It's almost as if the screen is powered off completely. If I stop then restart the car it fixes itself. It's still under warranty of course, but I can't force repeat the issue to show the dealer the problem.

Has any one else experienced this issue or know the cause?

Experienced the same thing once or twice when the car was brand new. Maybe 3-500 miles on it. Now at 2000 miles and have not seen it again. Would not worry about it. It may have been a boot up glitch. Remember the infotainment is a computer and computers sometimes crash or glitch.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

idrive 09-13-2018 03:17 AM

If it does it again snap a pic and then take it to the dealer.

Have them load the newest update, same one that needs loaded for CP/AA. May as well have it installed at the same time unless you already have it.

ocramida 09-13-2018 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrive (Post 5019692)
If it does it again snap a pic and then take it to the dealer.

Have them load the newest update, same one that needs loaded for CP/AA. May as well have it installed at the same time unless you already have it.

Good point

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

GTEyes 09-13-2018 07:02 AM

Mine actually did this for a 3rd or 4th time this morning.

Bill_k 09-13-2018 07:57 AM

I purchased mine in June after it just arrived at the dealer with the latest firmware then available, and it has also behaved similarly several times. I'm hopeful that a firmware update will address the issue and plan on requesting it at my first oil change.

cgdelena:121568 09-13-2018 12:20 PM

In my experience it happens when I shift to drive rapidly after starting the car before the system is fully booted up. It seems if you give it a few seconds after starting it does not happen. Mine always recovers when I shut down the car and restart. Irritating but not a system failure.

cutty6 09-13-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgdelena:121568 (Post 5019728)
In my experience it happens when I shift to drive rapidly after starting the car before the system is fully booted up. It seems if you give it a few seconds after starting it does not happen. Mine always recovers when I shut down the car and restart. Irritating but not a system failure.

Hmm, I will do a test tonight to see if that's the case with mine. It would be good to know the cause.

GTEyes 09-14-2018 07:12 AM

So strange...my car did this exact same thing again on my way home from work...so that was twice in one day. I did the system restart by holding whatever buttons down and it fixed it but I do think you're on to something with your idea cgdelena:121568

Bill_k 09-14-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTEyes (Post 5019838)
So strange...my car did this exact same thing again on my way home from work...so that was twice in one day. I did the system restart by holding whatever buttons down and it fixed it but I do think you're on to something with your idea cgdelena:121568

I'd be interested in the system restart procedure you referred to, since when it happens again I'd like to try that instead of stopping and restarting the engine. TIA!