Mazda 6 signature 3 months review - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello
To all of you I am the happy owner of a 2018 mazda 6 color machine gray

Here is what I think about this car after 3 months.

First of all I drove a 2015 mazda 6 for 4 years before changing for a 2018 mazda 6 last June.

I will start with things to improve:
-The quality of the cameras. The worst of the 4 cameras is the camera at the front. 2/10
The quality of the rear camera: 5/10
The 360 ​​view is good honestly 7/10

Infotainment system:
I'm not someone who gives much importance to this but sometimes it's slow to start only negative point

Strong points:
Performance: I use petrol 94 octane and I can tell you that now the car is much faster.This engine likes petrol 94 octane .This car is faster than what say motortend and car and driver .i think if i test a 0-60mph I can do it in 6.0s or a little less. Another guy who uses the 94 octane gasoline has already managed a 1/4 of a mile in 14.38s.
Personally I managed 50-70mph in 3.8s (car and driver 4.2s).
You will see the benefit of the super 94 octane gasoline after 2 3 full with this gasoline.
This engine is excellent in everyday driving. The more I ride, the better the engine is.
The transmission is excellent nothing to say.
The car is very well insulated definitely as quiet as luxury cars like audi bmw land rover ...

The interior is sublime the best interior ever made in this category.
The seats are beautiful confortable and the ventilation works well.

My biggest surprise is the quality of the
boose sound system excellent excellent.
In the signature version, all interior and exterior lights are led without exception and there is even ambient lighting at the ceiling carpet and even in the cup doors .

This car has several personalities.

Most beautiful car and best car of the category
My overall rating 9/10
Excellent car.

Ps sorry for my bad english it is my third language.😂😂

https://youtu.be/d2HW5eRlXBM
Bill_k likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
Great write-up! Not to worry, your English is much better than a lot of native speakers, haha.

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6 | 5MT | Steel Gray Metallic |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: 2015 OEM 17" 6 rims | NGK Iridium IX plugs | Matte black painted OEM wheels (winters) | Red painted calipers | Light black "smoked" headlights | R1 Concepts eLine rear rotors and pads | Rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Hello
To all of you I am the happy owner of a 2018 mazda 6 color machine gray

Here is what I think about this car after 3 months.

First of all I drove a 2015 mazda 6 for 4 years before changing for a 2018 mazda 6 last June.

I will start with things to improve:
-The quality of the cameras. The worst of the 4 cameras is the camera at the front. 2/10
The quality of the rear camera: 5/10
The 360 ​​view is good honestly 7/10

Infotainment system:
I'm not someone who gives much importance to this but sometimes it's slow to start only negative point

Strong points:
Performance: I use petrol 94 octane and I can tell you that now the car is much faster.This engine likes petrol 94 octane .This car is faster than what say motortend and car and driver .i think if i test a 0-60mph I can do it in 6.0s or a little less. Another guy who uses the 94 octane gasoline has already managed a 1/4 of a mile in 14.38s.
Personally I managed 50-70mph in 3.8s (car and driver 4.2s).
You will see the benefit of the super 94 octane gasoline after 2 3 full with this gasoline.
This engine is excellent in everyday driving. The more I ride, the better the engine is.
The transmission is excellent nothing to say.
The car is very well insulated definitely as quiet as luxury cars like audi bmw land rover ...

The interior is sublime the best interior ever made in this category.
The seats are beautiful confortable and the ventilation works well.

My biggest surprise is the quality of the
boose sound system excellent excellent.
In the signature version, all interior and exterior lights are led without exception and there is even ambient lighting at the ceiling carpet and even in the cup doors .

This car has several personalities.

Most beautiful car and best car of the category
My overall rating 9/10
Excellent car.

Ps sorry for my bad english it is my third language.😂😂

https://youtu.be/d2HW5eRlXBM
I have had my 2018 Signature 6 now for just shy of 2 months with 1,300 miles. I agree about the premium gas seems to help.

Car is getting good gas mileage per tank, as I am still on only my 3rd tank of gas since driving off the showroom at dealer.

I too have been very pleased with the Bose stereo. I thought for sure I would be upgrading the speakers and adding a subwoofer, but no need. After some tuning to my liking it is more then adequate.

Another unexpected pleasure is the responsiveness of the Sport mode and using the paddle shifters. Better fun then expected.
This car is crazy fast between the speeds of 25-80 mph.
It owns the highway entrance ramps and gets to 80+ in a very smooth blink of an eye!

I love the ventilation seats and the less is more clean dashboard.

Some picky wishlist items would be..... to have sport head rest that can be pulled forward towards the head more.
To have active TMPS tire pressure gauge.
Larger storage area in armrest and a place for coins/change.
Also can’t believe such a nice car doesn’t have built in hydraulic hood lifters.
And anyone on this forum knows I don’t like the Falken tires 😏
Just waiting for a sale or reason to purchase some Michelins.

With that said, every morning I get in and push that start button is a pure pleasure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Thank you.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Yeah the falken tires are not the best but not the worst tires.
Enjoy this wonderful car.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Here is my problem with the average consumer. you start off the review talking about the quality of the rear-view camera. If I made a review, i'd talk about chassis and steering feel, engine/transmission tuning, etc. People should be buying these cars for the drive, not for it's rear-view camera.

Turbo engines like high octane fuel for sure. If you had grippier wider tires your 0-60 times would improve even more. If you have ethanol-free fuel in your area, even if it's 91 try using that instead.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridasignature View Post
Also canít believe such a nice car doesnít have built in hydraulic hood lifters.
^^^^This has been my biggest surprise.

For all the effort Mazda did with other higher end features, why do I have to use a dorky rod to prop the hood open? Also, why is the hood so heavy on these cars? Wouldn't a lighter hood help with power to weight ratio and mileage?

2018 Mazda6 Signature
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
The increased power with premium fuel is no secret. Mazda clearly advertises the engine makes more power using premium fuel:

Horsepower, 87 octane regular unleaded fuel 227 hp @ 5,000 rpm
Horsepower, 93 octane premium unleaded fuel 250 hp @ 5,000 rpm

I have seen reviews on the 2018 and can't believe how horrible the rear view camera looks compared to my older 2017.

2017 Mazda 6 Touring manual

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
I understand what you're saying regarding the rear view camera, but there's still a couple points to be made about that... For one thing the 360 degree camera view was advertised as new and big thing for the Mazda6, and one thing the sales rep I worked with at the dealership specifically noted. So if something like this is being so hyped I would expect it to be fairly decent, right? Yet still the backup and front cameras are considerably worse quality than the side cameras. I almost thought there was something worng with them, but I guess not. This leads into my second point that this is a safety feature. The backup camera especially, should have a decent level of clarity and quality which it doesn't. This camera at the very lest I would expect to be the best. But, is it a deal-breaker? For me no, not really. I can live with it. Like you're saying it's not the primary reason I got the car, but yet it's still something I see every time I turn my car on.

Regarding the OP, nice review! The sound system I partially agree. It sounds pretty decent but it's definitely nothing amazing. To me it just lacks a sort of vibrance in the sound. If you were planning on upgrading the speakers then good luck! The fronts are 3x 2 3/4" speakers with 1" tweeters in the doors. Also in the front doors are 8-inch woofers with 5 1/2" full ranges in the back doors. The rear deck has either 2x 2 3/4" again or maybe 3". I can't really tell. I've been in process of experimenting with upgrading the the front dash speakers to some Faital Pro 3FE22 @ 4Ohms but I need to find the time to put them in. They should be plug and play with the exception of some wire connection creativity and mounts are slightly different but nothing that can't be worked with. Anyway's there isn't too much in the aftermarket 2.75" speaker category unless you wanted to retrofit some 3 1/2" but I don't think it's worth it.

I also wish it had TPMS in the cluster and I really don't understand why it doesn't. Another nice feature would be showing media info in the cluster and HUD as well. Also Navi info in the cluster would be nice when the HUD is turned off. Again, I can't really see why this wan't implemented. Huge fan of the car still, but there are nonetheless some weird quirks about it.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Garage
I agree about the camera. I didn't think much about it until we recently picked up a 2018 Jeep Wrangler. The difference in the quality of the camera is significant. The picture in the Jeep is like watching 4K TV compared to the camera in the 6.

Otherwise, everything about the 2018 is a home run. The grippier tires I upgraded to bring out the best in the chassis. As a "Dad" car, I can have my cake and eat it too. Handles better than I have a need for and comfortable for trip and family duty.

Hands down, my favorite part is the interior. It's concept car clean. The black with metal accents is striking IMO.

The only other think that I feel could be better is the staging of the stereo. It's is MUCH better than the Bose in my 2016 6 but the sound is still very forward biased. I wish the bass came from the back to fill out the soundstage behind me. Bass frequencies aren't directional but feeling the thump on my back versus my legs would make a difference.

'18 Machine Gray GT Reserve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page