98K views 333 replies 76 participants last post by  Ozzy_1968 
#1 ·
#105 ·
Here are the Part Numbers (Genuine Mazda ) for North America NA N

0000-8F-Z34 KIT

Main Individual parts
TK78-66-9U0C New AUX Unit.
C922-V6-605 New USB Data Cable Set

Also uses the same Firmware version number as rest of main world NA N 70.00.021A, EU N 70.00.021A. 4A N 70.00.021A.

Here is the install instruction Link again..for ALL Mazda's
https://mega.nz/#F!3A0DkA4R!pREP1DJkn0HBqVUolHUbXA

#106 ·
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - I've looked and can't find the answer (on this forum, on YouTube, elsewhere...) and this seems to be the most active AA/ACP 18 Mazda6 thread out there, so I figured I'd ask here, too.

I'm looking at possibly purchasing a 18 Mazda6 GTR in the next week, and this, for me, is a pretty important feature, especially regarding the utility of the map apps in AA/ACP.

1. For those of you who have already AA/ACP installed on your Mazda6: how is using the commander knob to navigate the maps apps (e.g., looking at traffic, zooming in and out)? How is just using voice/the knob to search/add stops while driving? I've used AA in various rentals and test drives and loved it, but I'm afraid losing the touchscreen functionality might frustrate me and my wife as we travel... (I know it did in my 14 CX-5).

2. Do the turn-by-turn directions from the maps apps on AA/ACP get broadcast up on the Active Driving Display? (Some cars I've driven with both AA/ACP and a HUD display the turn-by-turn directions on the HUD [e.g., Accord TRG], while others don't [e.g., Kona].)

Thanks so much, from a prospective Mazda6 owner. :)

#107 ·
Got my 3 week old 6 back from the dealer this morning. I had to drop it off late yesterday due to a screw in the tire. When the service writer brought over the paperwork, he mentioned that they would add Apple Car Play while they looked at my tire. It came up automatically when they inputed my VIN into the paperwork. He also said mine was the first car to undergo the add at this dealership (I'm in NJ).

I got a loaner and returned at lunch today. Nothing was upset in the car. No scratches, marks or any real changes (save a few fingerprints on the screen). Everything works as advertised, but I'm not sure about the power level of the USB port, as charging seems slow.

Apple Maps does NOT work with HUD (unless I'm missing something), but everything else is very easy and responsive with the control commander knob. Takes a little adjustment to get used to but I like it better than using the screen.

The next step will be anxiously awaiting the IOS 12 update, as it will integrate WAZE and Google Maps, as well as many other 3rd party apps. Let me know if anyone has more questions....so far so good.

#108 ·
Got my 3 week old 6 back from the dealer this morning. I had to drop it off late yesterday due to a screw in the tire. When the service writer brought over the paperwork, he mentioned that they would add Apple Car Play while they looked at my tire. It came up automatically when they inputed my VIN into the paperwork. He also said mine was the first car to undergo the add at this dealership (I'm in NJ).
Lucky, I think you might be the first one to have it dealer installed. All my local dealers are saying October and some say January 2019!!!

#112 ·
Had my 5K mike oil change done this morning and my dealer has received less information than we have gotten just in this thread. No word on when they might get parts and they aren’t booking any upgrade appointments until they get something concrete from Mazda USA. They also wouldn’t confirm my vehicle’s eligibility for the free upgrade until they get something in writing from Mazda regarding this program.

Checked my firmware after my appointment and they didn’t update it yet in anticipation of the upgrade. Maybe it won’t work right without the new hardware? I’m still on OS version 59.00.504 NA N.

#113 ·
#114 ·
Here is the OFFICIAL on the 2018 Mazda 6 CP/AA Retrofit and what dates and models for USA Only

This is a Customer Satisfaction program to install Apple CarPlay or Android Auto capable accessory free of charge to owners of the 2018 Mazda 6 Touring models and above. This program does not include 2018 Mazda 6 Sport trims.

2018 Mazda 6 Sport trim owners wishing to add the feature to their vehicles may opt to do so via purchase - MSRP $199 + Labor.

BUILD DATE RANGE
From June 1, 2017 through end of 2018MY Mazda 6 production (late 2018, date TBD)

Labor Hours paid to Mazda Dealer is 1.5 Hours as a Claim.

Should dealers deplete their 2018 Mazda6 Kit inventory, and customers continue to schedule installation appointments, dealers may order additional inventory starting September 5 on MXConnect Mazda Special Restricted Parts Ordering screen, requiring a valid/unused/unclaimed 2018 Mazda 6 VIN. If you need assistance with ordering, please contact Dealer Assistance Group.

#116 ·
North America, USA, Canada, Mexico, known as 'NA N' on your Touch-screen.
1. FIRMWARE version for 'NA N' for CP/AA of two .up files.
cmu150_NA_70.00.021B_failsafe.up file MUST be Installed FIRST.
cmu150_NA_70.00.021B_reinstall.up file MUST be Installed SECOND.
2. C922-V6-605 New USB Data Cable set of two, MUST be Installed THIRD.
3. TK78-66-9U0C New AUX Unit, MUST be Installed LAST.

Firmware is over @ 3 Rev Forum.

These part numbers do ALL Mazda's with Mazda Connect, Mazda 2,3,6, CX-3,5,8,9, MX-5.
Irregardless what a Mazda Dealer might say right now, they just have not been told yet.
We have CX-3 and MX-5 and CX-5 owners who have installed this New 70's firmware and these parts above and all is working perfectly in USA.

#118 ·
My dealer tried to do something nice for me while I was waiting for an IOU from initial purchase....they installed the hardware but i am completely unable to get CarPlay working....tried two cables and two phones, and there isn’t anything such as an icon or menu selection available. Called the dealer and they are contacting the Corp office for assistance.

Then, I see this forum this morning, and I think what happened is that the dealer failed to load new firmware. Mine is showing an OS version 59.00.544 NA N, and from what I can tell a version 70.x is required. Does my theory make sense to anyone?

Thanks,
Clark (new member, nice car!)

#121 ·
Yes..

YOU MUST INSTALL NEW 70's FIRMWARE FIRST with OLD parts installed.

THEN YOU MUST Install new Set of USB Cables and New Aux hub, which means pulling some of the dash/console apart.

If your Dealer installed 70's Firmware it would say so, they did not install anything as 59.00.546A is the current for USA without CP/AA.

Or the guy failed to read what MNAO tells them and what I just wrote, they will have to pull dash apart Again and install OLD Parts, update 70's and then install new parts again, there is NO OTHER way around it.
It MUST be done in that order.. ;)

#125 ·
I have a 2016 GT.

I've read through this entire thread & still have a question I haven't seen answered. Assuming the CP/AA upgrade becomes available for the 2016 & assuming I buy & install it, would I still be able to use the MZD CONNECT system if I choose to? I.e., can the system be toggled back & forth between the 3 different systems (Apple/Android/Mazda) any time? Or once you go to the Apple or Android system is that a permanent change?

I'm interested in the upgrade for the improved speed & improved USB charging rate. If the system can process my USB flash drive faster & hopefully do a better job of displaying album artwork that appeals to me too. But if there is reduced functionality with the Commander knob or HUD then I might still prefer to use MZD CONNECT. (I don't care at all about touchscreen functionality - don't like & never use that.)

SO, in short, can the driver switch back & forth between the different Infotainment OSes post-upgrade?

#127 ·
I talked to my dealership last week (Chicago suburbs) and they told me they have several kits on order, however they want to do some installations on current new 2018s on the lot so that their service technicians have a chance to gain some experience with the installation prior to rolling it out to existing owners. Sounds like they want to practice on the new inventory first...which I can appreciate. They will call me as soon as they are ready to throw an upgrade my way.

#133 ·
Working now! They did not have to reinstall the old hardware, so it did not take too long. The service manager showed me a screen capture of what looked like a safe mode or safe boot screen, so the firmware was installed but for some reason not active.

Anyway it’s done, so I got that going for me (which is nice)

#135 ·
I called my dealer the other day and they told me it would be November, but I’d get an email when it was ready. Well I just got an email from Mazda tonight that it’s ready so I’ll be calling that dealer up and hopefully they have the kits. I’ll probably wait a few weeks so I’m not the 1st.

#136 ·
You wont be the first. They have already started installing it on the cars in the inventory.
I have to say integration of CarPlay + Knob is well done and switching between MazdaConnect and CarPlay is very simple. In general this addresses Mazda 6 Signatures biggest weakness, crappy Mazda infotainment system.

Attachments

#142 ·
I got the same email from Mazda, saying the kits are available for install. I called up my dealer, and they confirmed it, saying they're installing it on dealer cars, but haven't had the opportunity to "retrofit" onto owner's vehicles yet. Again, I'll wait until I get my first (free) oil change and get it done then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.