Mazda 6 Forums banner

Resonance and vibration 2018 Sig

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  ocramida 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

So I'm not panicking yet. [emoji16]

Just picked up my 2018 Signature Friday and currently have less than 200 miles on her. Noticing two things that maybe related to break in of tires etc.

I get a vibration through the steering wheel and chassis accelerating from 40-60. It goes away about 60 and below 40.

Also hearing a resonance from the front passenger side of the car. Only hear it driving around 30mph.

I swapped the Falkens for Yoko Advan Sport AS, so it may just be tires breaking in.

I figure I'd give it until 1000 miles, before brining it in.

Other than that car has been a huge step up. Very relaxing to drive. Cant wait to open it up more.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
The dealer just did a direct swap as part of the deal. They stock the Yokos for the 6 (had them on my 2016) so it wasn't a special order or anything. And they will have no issue selling the Falkens. The car had 4 miles on it. Been with this dealer since 2001. They have always treated me very well. A perfect example of a non-stealership.

#4 · (Edited)
Did you road force balance them? Where you at in MA? Might be able to send you to my non- stealership too. This isn't the first issue of oddly balances tires. I have my own thread describing a phantom balancing issue. Might you be able to have them out the stock tires back on to see if it's the tires?

#6 ·
Thanks. I'm near worcester. But I think my service guy will handle it. I expect it is balancing as well. Just figure I'll let the car and tires break in a bit before bringing it in. Also seemed to have less vibration this morning. They may not have road forced them. Since they did an even swap and didnt charge me, they may have skipped that part. :)

#7 ·
Tires don't "break in". This is a warranty issue. It should be in their court to fix the issue. If this was in the store where I work, we wouldn't have given the car back to you until the issue was fixed.

#9 ·
Tires don't "break in". This is a warranty issue. It should be in their court to fix the issue. If this was in the store where I work, we wouldn't have given the car back to you until the issue was fixed.
Thanks, dealer already got back to me. They're going to recheck balance.

Let us know how it turns out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.