2017 sport, clunking sound turning steering wheel after siting a while - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
2017 sport, clunking sound turning steering wheel after siting a while

Hi,
I bought the car new in July, 2017. recently, noticed that after the car has been sitting for hours, the first turn on steering wheel will hear the clunking sound from the location around suspension section. it only happened once, will not appear if turning the steering while around trying to replicate the sound. will not happen second time until next circle that hours parking and make first turn on steeling wheel.
there is TSB symptom saying about the spring protector or lower control arm bushing. is anyone having the similar issue?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lltfly View Post
Hi,
I bought the car new in July, 2017. recently, noticed that after the car has been sitting for hours, the first turn on steering wheel will hear the clunking sound from the location around suspension section. it only happened once, will not appear if turning the steering while around trying to replicate the sound. will not happen second time until next circle that hours parking and make first turn on steeling wheel.
there is TSB symptom saying about the spring protector or lower control arm bushing. is anyone having the similar issue?

Thanks
Look here. A few of us has had that problem.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/showthread.php?t=298769

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to kindacooldad For This Useful Post:
aelomari1 (12-28-2017)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindacooldad View Post
Look here. A few of us has had that problem.

2014 w/ Front Suspension Noise - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

Hi, I see the last reply on that thread was from you. after change left and right lower control arm, as of now, do you hear anything from front when turning the steeling wheel after car siting hours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 03:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hi, I see the last reply on that thread was from you. after change left and right lower control arm, as of now, do you hear anything from front when turning the steeling wheel after car siting hours?
No sound at all! Smooth and quiet ride. I tested it out multiple times letting the car sit for 2 days and trying to get a sound out of them and got nothing. Just make sure that the dealership hears the noise. I basically wouldn't leave until they heard it and they quoted on the receipt that it was normal suspension noise.... but the lower control arms needed to be replaced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
No sound at all! Smooth and quiet ride. I tested it out multiple times letting the car sit for 2 days and trying to get a sound out of them and got nothing. Just make sure that the dealership hears the noise. I basically wouldn't leave until they heard it and they quoted on the receipt that it was normal suspension noise.... but the lower control arms needed to be replaced.

Hi thanks for quick reply. it is hard to let dealership believe the clunking noise is from lower control arm. do you know which TSB is related to this issue?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 03:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hi thanks for quick reply. it is hard to let dealership believe the clunking noise is from lower control arm. do you know which TSB is related to this issue?
No unfortunately not. Here is a photo of the invoice. They just wrote it up as the lower control arms need to be replaced in section "C" . Section A,B claims not to see anything wrong

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
No unfortunately not. Here is a photo of the invoice. They just wrote it up as the lower control arms need to be replaced in section "C" . Section A,B claims not to see anything wrong

Thanks for a lot on taking the screenshot.
it is interesting. replacing the lower control arms fixes the clunking, squeaking noise, sounds like it is the bushing issue cause the lower control arm does not look like a complicated part. there is a TSB mentioning to replace the lower control arm bushing and spring protector. but by reading that previous thread, a folk had done that work, the noise is still present....
it is kinda annoying
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 04:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for a lot on taking the screenshot.
it is interesting. replacing the lower control arms fixes the clunking, squeaking noise, sounds like it is the bushing issue cause the lower control arm does not look like a complicated part. there is a TSB mentioning to replace the lower control arm bushing and spring protector. but by reading that previous thread, a folk had done that work, the noise is still present....
it is kinda annoying
No problem. Yeah I saw some people with different solutions. I noticed that some people who heard the noise over bumps had the problem fixed by replacing the struts. People who would turn the wheel going slow, like out of a parking space, had the problem fixed by replacing the control arms.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page