Anyone on 225/45R19 using Achilles ATR Sport 2 tires? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2017, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone on 225/45R19 using Achilles ATR Sport 2 tires?

I'm trying to find some more information on Achilles ATR Sport 2 tires, specifically if any of you have installed on a 3rd gen 6 and what your experience has been like. The 19" aspect ratio and sidewall height lend it to wearing out by 30-35k miles regardless of tire choice, so I am exploring going super budget on tires for the first time in my life.

Please spare me the "tires are the only thing between you and the road" comments or recommending me tires that would be $800-1200 out the door. Not all of us want to put premium tires on a commuter car.

For reference, I can buy a full set installed for $320 out the door. That's dirt cheap and most folks report getting 30k miles out of them if rotated often (which I do every 5k at oil changes). I also have a lifetime alignment policy and have it checked [overly] frequently. I will be getting 32-35k out of the stock Dunlops.

The next step up are Kumhos from Tire Rack at $119.30/tire + shipping or about $585 out the door. I wouldn't expect them to last appreciably longer but I'm sure they are a better tire.

Everything else goes up from there as any of us who has researched 19" tires for the 6 knows.

Anyone mount these and have them for a good period of time to comment? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My boyfriend has the same tires on his 2009 Heads and Cam Pontiac G8. They are very nice. Has had no issues with them. They grip pretty well around corners not soo much from a stand still obviously. His car has full suspension also so that is a huge factor around corners. But they have been up to fairly high speeds and been fine. I am gonna buy the Achilles for my 6 when it comes time to change these stock Dunlops.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
This review seems to be one of the more detailed ones.

https://tirereviewsandmore.com/achil...ort-2-reviews/

For your suggested usage it seems it would be a good tire for you.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 02:52 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
The brand has a decent reputation and the price is right. I see no reason to skip the bargain.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
well Im running them in 245/35/20 on a 20x10.5 rim.....very good on wet, awesome on dry, poor in snow....as long as you keep the rotated they should last, going to buy another set eventually

2015 6i sport MT 6 speed
12k fog lights, MV-Tuning bodykit, CS Motor Mount, Antenza badged, H&R springs, CS adjust shocks, quad exhaust tips, Megan Front Strut bar, Varrstoen L151 20x10.5+40, Achilles ATR Sport tires 245|35|20

SOLD..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.. (tear) 04 6i HB, JDM EVO VIII wing....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page