Retrofit possibilities for 2017 halogens - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
lmao there is nothing wrong with them. I'm pretty sure nothing has happened to your headlights. You're just "bored" of them and the fact that they look stock, you want to be "different" that's why you modded your car very differently from most cars. It doesn't mean these headlights are bad and $500 for headlights with hid projector and nice led drl is a good price

You just want those out of the ordinary "unique" everything, which is why you want to retrofit.

Nah, light output sucks. Cheap projector lenses. Zero clear cut off lines combined with hot spots. Typical Chinese products with zero QC checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 07:49 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 48 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcaneous View Post
Nah, light output sucks. Cheap projector lenses. Zero clear cut off lines combined with hot spots. Typical Chinese products with zero QC checks.

were you expecting lexus quality projectors? lol I knew very well that these projector lenses weren't going to be great. I never or rarely drive at night, but I have tried them at night and they are not too bad. I mainly bought them for their look and the led drl. You can "retrofit" them also, open them, change the projectors and shit, keep the stock headlights look, use osram hid bulbs, can be done but I can't be bothered with that shit

This is good enough for me, but live and learn, next time I buy a car, it will be one that comes with oem hid or led headlights and not halogen ones like the 2014-2015 touring and sport

cause if you have halogen projectors, then you stuck pursuing the unattainable, people get hid kits on their halogen projectors, which looks like shit and yellow in comparison to real hid projectors, people like me bought aftermarket headlights with hid, but it still looks like shit in comparison to oem hid projectors like lexus and the such

people do retrofits and spends hundreds, if not thousands, but even then, it doesn't guarantee the quality will be as good as oem hid projector headlights, built by a huge companies with robots and perfect quality material, technology, etc

moral of the story, maybe is better to buy the higher trim than chasing ducks

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 11-28-2018 at 07:55 PM.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
were you expecting lexus quality projectors? lol I knew very well that these projector lenses weren't going to be great. I never or rarely drive at night, but I have tried them at night and they are not too bad. I mainly bought them for their look and the led drl. You can "retrofit" them also, open them, change the projectors and shit, keep the stock headlights look, use osram hid bulbs, can be done but I can't be bothered with that shit

This is good enough for me, but live and learn, next time I buy a car, it will be one that comes with oem hid or led headlights and not halogen ones like the 2014-2015 touring and sport

Not Lexus quality but projectors shouldn’t have hot spots. That is a huge sign of crap manufacturing.

The stock halogens are way better then these.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not Lexus quality but projectors shouldn’t have hot spots. That is a huge sign of crap manufacturing.

The stock halogens are way better then these.

They may be better at projecting output, but they make hid bulbs look like shit. I had 4300k hid bulbs on the stock halogen projectors and they looked yellow, then I put 5000k bulbs and still yellow, just slightly less yellowish. These bulbs were decent from xenondepot. You could put bulbs from the beloved and overrated morimoto and they would still look as yellow. You can even put osram bulbs on there and they wouldn't look as advertised.

It was only when I put the 5000k bulbs on the chinese headlights that they actually look like real hid. Nothing changed, same hid kit and ballasts, but different headlights. You want everything, then you either spend a lot money on retrofit or buy a new car with real hid projector headlights.

Now here is another problem, you may do a retrofit with "quality" materials such Lexus projectors, osram bulbs and the such, which you can buy online, many retrofitters do this, rx350 projector is the most popular, this is cooland dandy, but just because you use similar materials used by oem manufacturers doesn't guarantee your retrofit will be as good as oem projector headlights like stock mazda 6 gt let alone a Lexus

All the headlights components from the smallest to largest plays a role in everything. You using some of the material (lexus projectos, similar bulbs used by oem, etc) doesn't guarantee it will be as good. First of all, most retrofitters are doing the retrofit on lower trim headlights of their car, which is inferior to the higher trim version of those same headlights in every aspect

Second, they will have to use an HID kit and unless you plan on buying a denso ballasts for your headlight, it will never even come close, morimoto, xenon depot? they're ok but trash in comparison to denso which is what oem manufacturers use in their cars

the ballast alone are probably the same cost of these chinese headlights lmao

and you better believe ballasts play a big role in headlights output and everything

moral of the story, buy the higher trim rather than chasing the impossible lol

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 11-28-2018 at 08:13 PM.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
They may be better at projecting output, but they make hid bulbs look like shit. I had 4300k hid bulbs on the stock halogen projectors and they looked yellow, then I put 5000k bulbs and still yellow, just slightly less yellowish. These bulbs were decent from xenondepot. You could put bulbs from the beloved and overrated morimoto and they would still look as yellow. You can even put osram bulbs on there and they wouldn't look as advertised.

It was only when I put the 5000k bulbs on the chinese headlights that they actually look like real hid. You want everything, then you either spend a lot money on retrofit or buy a new car with real hid projector headlights.

Now here is another problem, you may do a retrofit with "quality" materials such Lexus projectors, osram bulbs and the such, which you can buy online, many retrofitters do this, rx350 projector is the most popular, this is cooland dandy, but just because you use similar materials used by oem manufacturers doesn't guarantee your retrofit will be as good as oem projector headlights like stock mazda 6 gt let alone a Lexus

All the headlights components from the smallest to largest plays a role in everything. You using some of the material (lexus projectos, similar bulbs used by oem, etc) doesn't guarantee it will be as good. First of all, most retrofitters are doing the retrofit on lower trim headlights of their car, which is inferior to the higher trim version of those same headlights in every aspect

Second, they will have to use an HID kit and unless you plan on buying a denso ballasts for your headlight, it will never even come close, morimoto, xenon depot? they're ok but trash in comparison to denso which is what oem manufacturers use in their cars

the ballast alone are probably the same cost of these chinese headlights lmao

and you better believe ballasts play a big role in headlights output and everything

moral of the story, buy the higher trim rather than chasing the impossible lol

Regardless of that wall of text I’m not bothering to read. These headlights should have never been sold. Hot spots are a no-no. It’s a shame because they look nicer off then on.

I didn’t even bother to hook up the “drl” lights to function as drl because knowing my luck so far with them, they’ll burn out within 2 months.

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Regardless of that wall of text I’m not bothering to read. These headlights should have never been sold. Hot spots are a no-no. It’s a shame because they look nicer off then on.

I didn’t even bother to hook up the “drl” lights to function as drl because knowing my luck so far with them, they’ll burn out within 2 months.

what lol so basically you wasted $500 for nothing, you have no right to complain, you knew very well these headlights weren't going to be great, we both took a gamble on them, I'm satisfied because I wanted the dark headlights with the led drl. I rarely drive at night. And of course, you will "sell them" on here

What were you expecting for $500? The touring headlight are more expensive lol you know how much the stock GT headlights cost? Lexus headlights cost? in the thousands and thousands, the ballast used in these oem hid headlights is same price if not mo-re expensive than these chinese headlights and even touring headlights lmao that alone should tell you

you bought those CC headlights and they turned out to be shit, you payed how much? $400-500? and these were halogen and now you paid the same price for chinese HID PROJECTOR headlights and expect them to be any better than halogen headlights of the same price? lol

obviously retrofit is the only option to even come close to stock hid projector headlights, you may even surpass the stock mazda gt headlights if you are willing to spend all the money that it will be required

I can't be bothered with that shit, i'd rather have oem hid headlights than any retrofit but since I'm not stupid to get in debt for a new car when this one is paid off and looks decent, this chinese suckas will do just fine

lesson learned though, next car will be either a lexus or infiniti with hid ideally

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 11-28-2018 at 08:44 PM.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
what lol so basically you wasted $500 for nothing, you have no right to complain, you knew very well these headlights weren't going to be great, we both took a gamble on them, I'm satisfied because I wanted the dark headlights with the led drl. I rarely drive at night. And of course, you will "sell them" on here

What were you expecting for $500? The touring headlight are more expensive lol you know how much the stock GT headlights cost? Lexus headlights cost? in the thousands and thousands, the ballast used in these oem hid headlights is same price if not mo-re expensive than these chinese headlights and even touring headlights lmao that alone should tell you

you bought those CC headlights and they turned out to be shit, you payed how much? $400-500? and these were halogen and now you paid the same price for chinese HID PROJECTOR headlights and expect them to be any better than halogen headlights of the same price? lol

obviously retrofit is the only option to even come close to stock hid projector headlights, you may even surpass the stock mazda gt headlights if you are willing to spend all the money that it will be required

I can't be bothered with that shit, i'd rather have oem hid headlights than any retrofit but since I'm not stupid to get in debt for a new car when this one is paid off and looks decent, this chinese suckas will do just fine

lesson learned though, next car will be either a lexus or infiniti with hid ideally

The c lights at least had a proper cut off. The output just sucked. The GT have bad output, hot spots, and a un-clear cut off. Thought that moving up the Chinese ladder from the c lights to these “GT” lights , which should have better projectors, there would be some improvements. But none, they got worse. Lesson learned.

I can probably get no name brand projectors for 20 bucks that will outperform these GT lights. The hot spots , which are crazy bad looking, just ruin the whole headlight. It’s basically high-beam spots.

—-O—- It should be a straight line.

I think the c lights were 300 shipped ? I couldn’t even bring myself to sell them , I ended up just throwing them out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page