Retrofit possibilities for 2017 halogens - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
Has anyone done this here or anywhere? Is it plug and play? Aren't the GT projectors Koito as well?

I mean for $200, you still don't have the nice xenon headlights with led DRLs.

Yes, at least two people have done retrofits. I feel like most people are just too scared/worried about opening their headlights.

It's as plug and play as any other retrofit would be; bake, open, replace, re-seal. And yes, you get nice xenon lights but you don't get the GT style drl but with the headlight open you can add in whatever drl, angel eyes, demon eyes, sequential leds, etc. it's your chance to make something crazy unique.

Hell, you can get rid of the halogen highbeam and put in another projector there. Quad projectors for the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 11:43 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 48 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcaneous View Post
Yes, at least two people have done retrofits. I feel like most people are just too scared/worried about opening their headlights.

It's as plug and play as any other retrofit would be; bake, open, replace, re-seal. And yes, you get nice xenon lights but you don't get the GT style drl but with the headlight open you can add in whatever drl, angel eyes, demon eyes, sequential leds, etc. it's your chance to make something crazy unique.

Hell, you can get rid of the halogen highbeam and put in another projector there. Quad projectors for the win.

at $500 for headlights, that's why they're worried, if they are worried, it means they are noobs or have never done anything like this, so they are afraid of messing up the headlights
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks, it's kind of what I expected. No easy OE Mazda solution. I guess I could deal with a bulb upgrade.

I'm not interested in an aftermarket light assembly. Most are trash and can't compare to the performance and durability of OE assemblies.

2017 Mazda 6 Touring manual

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansteve View Post
Thanks, it's kind of what I expected. No easy OE Mazda solution. I guess I could deal with a bulb upgrade.

I'm not interested in an aftermarket light assembly. Most are trash and can't compare to the performance and durability of OE assemblies.

If you don't mind opening up the headlight the rx projector is a direct swap.

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansteve View Post

Lol how would you know they are trash if youve never had one, the chinese do a pretty good job making headlights

Just install a good hid kit with quality bulb and forget about it, not everything non oem is trash. Many oem accesories are overpriced. Mazda wants $170 for their aluminum snap on pedals, for example, which is ridiculous
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 10:52 PM

Retrofit possibilities for 2017 halogens

Quote:
Lol how would you know they are trash if youve never had one, the chinese do a pretty good job making headlights

Just install a good hid kit with quality bulb and forget about it, not everything non oem is trash. Many oem accesories are overpriced. Mazda wants $170 for their aluminum snap on pedals, for example, which is ridiculous

So now you think Chinese headlights are good? What made you change your mind so fast ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension
that's not so much the problem, the problem is you are buying headlights from China and who knows what quality they are. They cost $450 and what about the warranty? What happens if they fail after 2 or 3 years, who helps you then? What do you do? You think the Chinese fellas are gonna send you new headlights free of charge? LMAO $450 down the drain, you'd have to go back to stock headlights if you still have them

Also, with this mod, you need new headlight harnesses which cost $30 each. Assuming you already have proper HID kit.

$60 for the harnesses
$450 for the headlights
$100-150 for professional rewiring

Total : $700-750 for headlights that may or may not go bad. If these headlights were made in America or at least, made by a big company such as TRS or something, at least with them you have some sort of American warranty. What kind of warranty could you have with ebay chinese fellas? lol All they care is they got paid, if they fail or something goes bad, is your problem pal

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 05:05 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
If you don't mind opening up the headlight the rx projector is a direct swap.

AFS or non-AFS version? Also I've heard they don't seem to be permasealed?
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
So now you think Chinese headlights are good? What made you change your mind so fast ?

LOL buying them and having them for 1 year, and now you have the same headlights my man
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
LOL buying them and having them for 1 year, and now you have the same headlights my man

Have them and canít wait to get rid of them. Should have known better to trust Chinese bologna.

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Have them and can’t wait to get rid of them. Should have known better to trust Chinese bologna.

lmao there is nothing wrong with them. I'm pretty sure nothing has happened to your headlights. You're just "bored" of them and the fact that they look stock, you want to be "different" that's why you modded your car very differently from most cars. It doesn't mean these headlights are bad and $500 for headlights with hid projector and nice led drl is a good price

You just want those out of the ordinary "unique" everything, which is why you want to retrofit.

I had these chinese headlights for 1 year and they still perform and look as good as new. I don't know shit about retrofit and can't be bothered with that so it makes sense for me

everything that can go wrong with these chinese headlights, the plastic hazing, the projector burning, etc can also happen with retrofit and even oem stock headlights. I've seen lots of stock headlights from bmw, honda, etc with burned led drls

just because you retrofit with the oem touring headlights doesn't mean they can't go to shit, they may even go to shit faster than these chinese headlight, is unpredictable and it happens

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 11-28-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page