CorkSport Full Cat Back Now Available. - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 46 Times in 39 Posts
Both Corksport and Racing beat axleback exhaust cost almost the same after taxes, at least in Florida.

Corksport is $571
Racing Beat rapes you $92 shipping and is $567

So, is not a matter of cost, neither of them would add any real HP and going for full cat back is a waste of money imo Nice to have if you have money to burn and would like a deeper sound, but it won't add any real HP whatsoever in our cars. At almost $900 after shipping for the full cat back, you are better off using that money towards a tune or something more useful like suspension mods, tires, wheels? imo but opinions are like asses, if you have the money to burn for a cooler sound, is all game, at least we have more options now.

Racing beat tips look better imo and someone here claimed they are polished chrome? Stainless steel is more resistant. I think the stock exhaust tips are made of chrome and this would explain why they rust so easily I don't know and unless you can hear and compare both in person, you are basically blind and may end up disappointed with one of your choices. The advantage of the Corksport is that it weights less than the OEM exhaust and even the RacingBeat. Any weight reduction you can get is recommended. It seems the corksport axleback adds a tiny bit more of HP than the Racingbeat, but again, negligible in the real world.

I was thinking of going for the Racingbeat for the tips look and mostly because of the price, but after shipping is basically the same as Corksport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
I had forgotten what the underbody of my car looked like without rust.....*sigh*
What is this rust you talk about?

2016 Touring manual Deep Crystal Blue Mica/Sand leatherette

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% 3M Ceramic film|OEM NAVI, cargo tray, F&R splash guards|TPI C726445F Wheel Locks|Interior & BKup LEDs|iJDMTOY Fogs yellow Lamin-x & H9s Mazda stalk|H9 headlights
A119 dashcam w/GPS & Lexar microSDXC 128GB|Polk Audio DB351s/100V 47uF caps in dash|DXI 651s rear doors|Kenwood KSC-SW11 subwoofer|Thermoquiet acoustic insulation
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 08:21 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 773 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2808 Post(s)
Thanked 4,024 Times in 2,829 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
Both Corksport and Racing beat axleback exhaust cost almost the same after taxes, at least in Florida.

Corksport is $571
Racing Beat rapes you $92 shipping and is $567

So, is not a matter of cost, neither of them would add any real HP and going for full cat back is a waste of money imo Nice to have if you have money to burn and would like a deeper sound, but it won't add any real HP whatsoever in our cars. At almost $900 after shipping for the full cat back, you are better off using that money towards a tune or something more useful like suspension mods, tires, wheels? imo but opinions are like asses, if you have the money to burn for a cooler sound, is all game, at least we have more options now.

Racing beat tips look better imo and someone here claimed they are polished chrome? Stainless steel is more resistant. I think the stock exhaust tips are made of chrome and this would explain why they rust so easily I don't know and unless you can hear and compare both in person, you are basically blind and may end up disappointed with one of your choices. The advantage of the Corksport is that it weights less than the OEM exhaust and even the RacingBeat. Any weight reduction you can get is recommended. It seems the corksport axleback adds a tiny bit more of HP than the Racingbeat, but again, negligible in the real world.

I was thinking of going for the Racingbeat for the tips look and mostly because of the price, but after shipping is basically the same as Corksport.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but you're never going to get any real gains from adding a slightly more open exhaust onto a 4-cylinder non-turbo 2.5L fuel-sipper sedan

Most people are interested in exhaust for the sound, not the performance. If you're looking to add performance, you should start with a better intake and a tune. You need more air coming in to warrant letting more air out.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Most people are interested in exhaust for the sound, not the performance. If you're looking to add performance, you should start with a better intake and a tune. You need more air coming in to warrant letting more air out.
You're not going to get more air in without figuring out how to stick forced induction on the engine.

Look, MAP is MAP. If there is no depression in MAP at WOT then there is no gain to be had with less restriction. It's not rocket science; on a NA engine if you have a restriction in airflow you have lower MAP -- period. You can thus quantify the maximum theoretical absolute gain available from such a change (which is never achievable in practice) from such a measurement, and fortunately modern cars have such a sensor in the intake tract already -- thus the data is trivially recordable.

The facts are that there is no intake restriction worth attempting to "fix" with modifications AND removing parts of the existing system actually detunes the resonance that Mazda designed into it, and thus results in MORE dynamic resistance to flow rather than less!

That's easily backed up with data, again, off the MAP sensor -- simply removing the resonator/water trap on a stock vehicle results in materially higher jitter in MAP which is evidence of detuning, and on a rolling 5-60 run both fueling and absolute time figures say you lose. Some of that lose is attributable to higher IATs, which are also observed, but the rest is probably from the detuning.

Don't waste your money on intake mods.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:

Racing beat tips look better imo and someone here claimed they are polished chrome? Stainless steel is more resistant. I think the stock exhaust tips are made of chrome and this would explain why they rust so easily I don't know and unless you can hear and compare both in person, you are basically blind and may end up disappointed with one of your choices.

The RB tips are SS not chrome.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Groaned at 46 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speeder6 View Post
The RB tips are SS not chrome.
Do you know how much the Corksport and Racing beat weight?

I gotta say, the RB tips are much better looking and lots of people thinks so too, as it can be seen in the SEMA concept and other cars on this forum.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Are the tips polished chrome or stainless steel? I've read that the Racing beat exhaust has chrome polished tips
Its Stainless.

Cheers,

Brett

360 260 2675 Ext. 106
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Do you know how much the Corksport and Racing beat weight?

I gotta say, the RB tips are much better looking and lots of people thinks so too, as it can be seen in the SEMA concept and other cars on this forum.

I think the tips are more just a matter of personal opinion to be honest. Which is totally fine.

I've heard it both ways. The RB makes a nice kit too.

Total packaged weight, for the cat back, including box is 55 lbs. So you can cut a little off of that as well.

Cheers,

Brett

360 260 2675 Ext. 106
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page