Katzkin leather kit installed 3rd gen Mazda 6 - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 04:03 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I have a set of Wet Okoles in my garage waiting to get put on, I have used them on all of my cars. The Katzkin looks nice, I'd like to see them in person sometime.

At least I have chicken- Leeroy Jenkins

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

v7.0? I lost count...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
I have Wet Okole's on my 6Sport and love them.

If I wanted leather (I live near the beach and salt TRASHES leather) I'd definitely get the Katzkin. They're top-drawer. With that said I've had my Wet Okole's on my car now for 2-1/2 years and nearly 90,000 miles and there is ZERO wear visible anywhere on them.
SubiGT and Kirby34 like this.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Garage
I've never heard of wet okole. That's a fancy way to cover your seats. Would anyone happen to have photos of their 6 with wet okole installed? I see the site for wet okole says it even comes with additional padding on the covers. Is there a large difference in comfort with that installed as well?

The other nice thing about getting the katzkin installed into your vehicle is that you can also get heating installed into your seat if you want it. I called a place before buying my Mazda without leather to see what that would cost and without the heating added, I was quoted $1400. With the heating, I think it was around $1700 or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 06:24 PM
Track Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
I've never heard of wet okole. That's a fancy way to cover your seats. Would anyone happen to have photos of their 6 with wet okole installed? I see the site for wet okole says it even comes with additional padding on the covers. Is there a large difference in comfort with that installed as well?

The other nice thing about getting the katzkin installed into your vehicle is that you can also get heating installed into your seat if you want it. I called a place before buying my Mazda without leather to see what that would cost and without the heating added, I was quoted $1400. With the heating, I think it was around $1700 or so.
My Wet Okoles ran about $550 F/R. I haven't installed them yet due to my OCD needing to unbolt the front seats to run the straps w/o interference. Need an external Torx 12 socket, too lazy to Amazon it yet. OCD+Lazy=long project timelines

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

v7.0? I lost count...
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
Yep, but the Katzkin warmers are pretty darn expensive oddly enough. I hadn't even though of the warmers, and went to lunch with my brother after leaving the dealership and he mentioned I should've gotten the warmers put in while they were in there. I called them to try to catch them before it was too late and was just going to pay the difference on the warmer cost. She said the warmers were $200 EACH! So it would be $400 extra. I said no thanks on that! Great quality seat warmer kits can be had online for $50-$60 all day (i.e., Dorman and I'm sure totally no-name kits can be had even cheaper). Stinks the Katzkins are so expensive, because I would've really liked that feature.

I live in Dallas so I wouldn't use the warmers constantly, but it sure is a nice feature for when it does get cold here.
Mazda6. likes this.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Katzkins has a cooling option too, but I'm not sure you can do it with the 6, not sure of what all is involved. That's an option I wouldn't mind having in FL. Maybe one day...

Hodor
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen777 View Post
Katzkins has a cooling option too, but I'm not sure you can do it with the 6, not sure of what all is involved. That's an option I wouldn't mind having in FL. Maybe one day...
Their cooling system is $995 PER SEAT according to the website. No thanks at that price
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Ouch... then again, I don't mind if my hubby's balls sweat off, we're done have kids. Perhaps one day, but it's not a high priority item on my list, it's nice to dream though.

Hodor
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 04:33 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
@jenjen777 I got a pair of these and they work great. I hate the red piping, but still can't bring myself to take them out even now that it's cooling off.

https://www.amazon.com/Viotek-Cooled...%2Bcovers&th=1
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 05:14 PM
Track Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Grundle View Post
@jenjen777 I got a pair of these and they work great. I hate the red piping, but still can't bring myself to take them out even now that it's cooling off.

https://www.amazon.com/Viotek-Cooled...%2Bcovers&th=1
Totally not clicking that link when you mention you have a pair, with red stitching, especially after she says her hubby can sweat his off.....
Donkey Grundle likes this.

v7.0? I lost count...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page