post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to toy4x
Auto Roll Down Windows?

Does the 3rd gens have automatic roll down windows? I'm used to having cars that, you hold down unlock button on key fob and windows go down. The 6 doesn't have this feature? Disappointed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 10:15 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
The windows will not auto down with the fob unfortunately.

Sent from where ever I am

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Reflex Blue Mazda 6 GT
Tanabe springs (awaiting install)
Corksport SRI
Corksport cold air box
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 07:57 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Thanked 1,159 Times in 846 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Yet another feature the 2nd-gen had, but is strangely absent from the 3rd-gen...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 08:04 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 778 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2869 Post(s)
Thanked 4,056 Times in 2,848 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Like the above said - I still don't understand who made the executive decision on this one......

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 10:05 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
No fob activated auto windows, but at least all the windows automatically go up or down with a quick pull at the levers on the driver's side controls (I find more cars have that only for the driver's side and maybe the passenger's once in a while)

Back to the main point though... my buddy has an Audi A4 that doesn't have fob activated auto windows either, but he got the ECU/computer/whatever modded with a vagcom and it allowed him to control all the windows with the fob, as well as close the sunroof. Maybe somehow we can do something similar somehow?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Yeah disappointed in this.. I was in Palm Springs this weekend for my daughters dance competition. It was 112* outside. Coming to the car, I held down the unlock button.. Hmm nothing.. Damn this car might not have roll down windows? The car was soo hot it burnt your hand to even touch the paint/ chrome to open the doors. I always keep the moonroof tilted in hot weather, but damn it was hot in that car.

Time for tint!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzaz View Post
No fob activated auto windows, but at least all the windows automatically go up or down with a quick pull at the levers on the driver's side controls (I find more cars have that only for the driver's side and maybe the passenger's once in a while)

Back to the main point though... my buddy has an Audi A4 that doesn't have fob activated auto windows either, but he got the ECU/computer/whatever modded with a vagcom and it allowed him to control all the windows with the fob, as well as close the sunroof. Maybe somehow we can do something similar somehow?
Sorry about the thread-revival, but was auuto-up/down on all windows available on the GT? My '14 Touring only has auto-up/down on driver's window. Would be sweet if I could add it to the other 3...

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." -- Hedley Lamarr
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

My 16 GT has roll one touch roll down/up on all windows. Maybe it can be retrofit in?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 903 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzaz View Post

There are some vehicles that know how to do it in their convenience modules -- SOME Audis are the same way, and so are some of the VWs. Mine was able to be "taught" how but I had to hex edit bytes in the module "the hard way" (not using VCDS) and if you screw that up you'll brick it, so.....

As far as I know there's no parameter setting for it in the Mazda body module (which I believe is the one responsible for this part of the car in Mazda'a "thing.") Part of the reason it works in some cars from other manufacturers is that they use the same modules in dozens of cars, and some have it as a "factory feature" while others don't -- if you're in that situation you can sometimes find the magic bytes to flip and turn on what's in there, but is just not set when the module is put in your car. Apparently that is not the case for Mazdas....
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 09:11 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 778 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2869 Post(s)
Thanked 4,056 Times in 2,848 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Eckert View Post
Sorry about the thread-revival, but was auuto-up/down on all windows available on the GT? My '14 Touring only has auto-up/down on driver's window. Would be sweet if I could add it to the other 3...
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4x View Post
My 16 GT has roll one touch roll down/up on all windows. Maybe it can be retrofit in?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
The earlier 2014 models were designed this way on purpose, and the feature was later added on the 2015+ models. I believe 1 person on here was debating swapping in a 2015 panel to see if it would work, but that was years ago and I don't remember the outcome.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page