Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum (https://forum.mazda6club.com/)
-   3rd-Gen (https://forum.mazda6club.com/490-3rd-gen/)
-   -   Auto Roll Down Windows? (https://forum.mazda6club.com/3rd-gen/394122-auto-roll-down-windows.html)

toy4x 07-09-2016 06:18 PM

Auto Roll Down Windows?

Does the 3rd gens have automatic roll down windows? I'm used to having cars that, you hold down unlock button on key fob and windows go down. The 6 doesn't have this feature? Disappointed

wannabelikemike 07-09-2016 10:15 PM

The windows will not auto down with the fob unfortunately.

Sent from where ever I am

Mz6GreyGhost 07-11-2016 07:57 AM

Yet another feature the 2nd-gen had, but is strangely absent from the 3rd-gen...

Byakuya 07-11-2016 08:04 AM

Like the above said - I still don't understand who made the executive decision on this one......

Freakzaz 07-11-2016 10:05 AM

No fob activated auto windows, but at least all the windows automatically go up or down with a quick pull at the levers on the driver's side controls (I find more cars have that only for the driver's side and maybe the passenger's once in a while)

Back to the main point though... my buddy has an Audi A4 that doesn't have fob activated auto windows either, but he got the ECU/computer/whatever modded with a vagcom and it allowed him to control all the windows with the fob, as well as close the sunroof. Maybe somehow we can do something similar somehow?

toy4x 07-11-2016 10:54 AM

Yeah disappointed in this.. I was in Palm Springs this weekend for my daughters dance competition. It was 112* outside. Coming to the car, I held down the unlock button.. Hmm nothing.. Damn this car might not have roll down windows? The car was soo hot it burnt your hand to even touch the paint/ chrome to open the doors. I always keep the moonroof tilted in hot weather, but damn it was hot in that car.

Time for tint!

Doug Eckert 04-07-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakzaz (Post 4707930)
No fob activated auto windows, but at least all the windows automatically go up or down with a quick pull at the levers on the driver's side controls (I find more cars have that only for the driver's side and maybe the passenger's once in a while)

Back to the main point though... my buddy has an Audi A4 that doesn't have fob activated auto windows either, but he got the ECU/computer/whatever modded with a vagcom and it allowed him to control all the windows with the fob, as well as close the sunroof. Maybe somehow we can do something similar somehow?

Sorry about the thread-revival, but was auuto-up/down on all windows available on the GT? My '14 Touring only has auto-up/down on driver's window. Would be sweet if I could add it to the other 3...

toy4x 04-07-2017 03:14 PM

My 16 GT has roll one touch roll down/up on all windows. Maybe it can be retrofit in?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

tickerguy 04-07-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakzaz (Post 4707930)

There are some vehicles that know how to do it in their convenience modules -- SOME Audis are the same way, and so are some of the VWs. Mine was able to be "taught" how but I had to hex edit bytes in the module "the hard way" (not using VCDS) and if you screw that up you'll brick it, so.....

As far as I know there's no parameter setting for it in the Mazda body module (which I believe is the one responsible for this part of the car in Mazda'a "thing.") Part of the reason it works in some cars from other manufacturers is that they use the same modules in dozens of cars, and some have it as a "factory feature" while others don't -- if you're in that situation you can sometimes find the magic bytes to flip and turn on what's in there, but is just not set when the module is put in your car. Apparently that is not the case for Mazdas....

Byakuya 04-10-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Eckert (Post 4839033)
Sorry about the thread-revival, but was auuto-up/down on all windows available on the GT? My '14 Touring only has auto-up/down on driver's window. Would be sweet if I could add it to the other 3...

Quote:

Originally Posted by toy4x (Post 4839057)
My 16 GT has roll one touch roll down/up on all windows. Maybe it can be retrofit in?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The earlier 2014 models were designed this way on purpose, and the feature was later added on the 2015+ models. I believe 1 person on here was debating swapping in a 2015 panel to see if it would work, but that was years ago and I don't remember the outcome.