Join Date: Apr 2009
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
My thoughts after 6 months
i bought a 2014 GT fully loaded in december and have put maybe 2k miles on it since. So it has about 17k on it now. I'm taking into the dealer soon to have the door sash moulding fixed (i received a letter about it - i assume they mean that the rubber sealer may break off, which mine is pealing really badly). But over the 2k miles, i have noticed the following (and will mention to the dealer)
- Navigation randomly locks up. Usually when i accept the agreement on screen (which is annoying), it finds my position, i start driving and switch to the audio screen. 10 mins later, i go back to the Nav screen, and it shows where i was when i started the car and never updates or repositions.
- Drivers side splash guard is sagging (under rear passenger door)
- The audio bass adjustment is in a horrible range. I dont know what Hz it adjusts, but even when i turn the bass all the way down (which i have to), the speakers are still pounding.
- Radio speed/sound adjustment isnt working (assuming its supposed to have it anyway - i was told it does).
- HD radio is always searching for a signal. It fades in and out. In my other 2 cars, they pick up a perfect signal all the time.
- Rear chrome moulding (above passenger brake light, about a 6 inch long piece of plastic) is starting to come off. Maybe due to the trunk being closed over and over.
- Brake lights always get moisture inside. Usually on a humid day or when its raining.
- Passenger fog light is aimed way up into the sky.
- Auto-headlights dont always turn left/right when i turn the steering wheel (that can seriously be dangerous if they get stuck pointing to the side)
- Transmission is out of gear for a second when downshifting. For example, if I am going 30mph, foot off the pedal, and i hit the left paddle shifter to downshift, it will leave the gear, and sit there for a second, then finally enter a lower gear)
- Rain sensor wipers dont always work (so i just turned them off anyway).
- When going over a hump where one side of the car lifts up and the other side follows (kind of like when turning into a parking lot on an incline) i hear a massive crack in the cabin in the back. Hopefully the rear window doesnt bust out.
- People on the other end of the phone have a hard time hearing me. I tried to find where the microphone is but cant.
Some of the above may be defects or recalls but ill definitely mention them to the dealer. Is there anything else I should bring up? I thought i read somewhere that the maps on the navigation have to be updated manually (firmware) so i suppose i would have to request that.
Last edited by pro; 07-02-2016 at 10:40 PM.