Its quite easy to do. I too was thinking the same thing you said, I didnt want to ruin the car by changing all these bulbs but it only takes 30 minutes, I can walk you through it step by step. I only learned from actually just trying it without research which is why it took so long to figure out.
The only tools you need are a flat head screw driver only to remove the pins on the wheel wall and some pliers to press the scotch lock blade over the wires.
- Flat head screw driver
for drivers side access - Turn wheel all the way to the right.
for passenger side access - Turn wheel to the left. (Vice-versa)
Use the screwdriver to pop the pins, you only need to take out 4 pins takes 2 minutes to do.
- use a bottle or something to hold the wheel wall in such a position that you have access to the parking light bulb.
- reach in twist right or left depending on which side your doing - take out the bulb pull out the halogen bulb and pop in the led.
- If you like the hyper blinking you can put everything back together no problem.
- To get rid of the hyper blink all you need is a resistor here's the one I used
- (Only use the red and green wire and splice with the black and red wire when splicing)
- You cant really mess up once you know what wires to splice the resistor kit comes with scotch locks that splice for you so you aren't doing any wire cutting by yourself and the scotch locks don't cut the wire in half completely they only cut in such a way to reveal the copper strings inside to make the connection. So if you make a mistake you can just take off the splice and tape up with some electrical tape.(That is only if you didn't cut the wire in half)
- If you cut a wire in half you can always reconnect with one of the scotch lock connectors(As I did above)