Cheapest way to modify my exhaust for a deeper and louder sound? - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzoh View Post
Cheapest and easiest way, by far, is to simply unbolt the mufflers from the car. That's essentially free aside from however long it takes to remove them. Only problem with this is that it's putting extra heat under the car that is unnecessary. Can always have the stock mufflers cut out and pipes welded in the gaps to fill in the spot and keep the exhaust from expelling under the chassis. Usually will cost you ~$100-150 at an exhaust shop for this. If you like how it sounds with the muffler unbolted, than this may be the option for you. If it gets too loud later on down the road, you can always add some sound deadening (add something like second skin carpet under the spare tire, the sticky mat doesn't do much for road noise) and it will quiet it down in the cabin considerably.

And the worst idea of the year goes to.........

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Mason1019 and ZackDickey like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Cheapest and easiest way, by far, is to simply unbolt the mufflers from the car. That's essentially free aside from however long it takes to remove them. Only problem with this is that it's putting extra heat under the car that is unnecessary. Can always have the stock mufflers cut out and pipes welded in the gaps to fill in the spot and keep the exhaust from expelling under the chassis. Usually will cost you ~$100-150 at an exhaust shop for this. If you like how it sounds with the muffler unbolted, than this may be the option for you. If it gets too loud later on down the road, you can always add some sound deadening (add something like second skin carpet under the spare tire, the sticky mat doesn't do much for road noise) and it will quiet it down in the cabin considerably.
April Fool's day is over a month away. Come one, you can't give advice like that to noobs. Last thing we need is for someone to drive around Mazda 6 with a pipe hanging midway.
Mason1019 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Drizzoh Send a message via MSN to Drizzoh Send a message via Yahoo to Drizzoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by my95tsi View Post
And the worst idea of the year goes to.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by cibersay View Post
April Fool's day is over a month away. Come one, you can't give advice like that to noobs. Last thing we need is for someone to drive around Mazda 6 with a pipe hanging midway.
Hahaha the OP asked for cheap. Doesn't get much cheaper than that
Donkey Grundle and ZackDickey like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Andrew |

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:

I've done some silly ghetto things to my rides when I was 16,17,18 years old but even then I knew this would have been a horrible idea. I would have done this to my 1989 Eclipse let alone a new Mazda 6.

post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Touche

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #16 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanath View Post
get a v8 is the solution...

No it's not. With a good performance exhausts these cars sound great. 350z's and G35's sound great and their not V8's either.

ZackDickey likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to my95tsi For This Useful Post:
Jjkalai (02-29-2016)
post #17 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
No 4 banger or any v6 can sound as good as a V8. Its a law of physics. V8 sound the way they do for reasons that cant be replicated in other engines. Cutting the guts out of the muffler is a worse idea than just cutting it off entirely. I can hear the guys at the muffler shop laughing thier asses off already. If you want cheap, buy yourself an old beater car to screw up and learn on. If u want what u consider to be a decent sound...save up ur money for the magnavox or others. Learn to enjoy your car for what it is, dont try to make it into something it isnt. Good luck
The Following User Says NO Thank You to mach1219 For This Un-useful Post:
Jjkalai (04-21-2016)
post #18 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Garage
Snag a racing beat axle back exhaust (PM me, I'm a dealer, incidentally) and have a muffler shop chop out your resonator and replace it with plain piping. Can be done for cheap. Sounds a LOT deeper than with just the RB ABE.

If you're in the Los Angeles area, feel free to contact me to hear how it sounds. OR you can buy my exhaust delete I had a muffler shop make out of the oem flange and a magnaflow y-pipe.
mendozahtc and ZackDickey like this.
post #19 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Garage
I happened to get the Corksport exhaust for Christmas & the weather happened to be nice out today so my dad & I installed the exhaust on my 2014.

The install was super easy, but it's best to have an extra set of hands for sure. From start to finish took a little under an hour (and this is for people who don't work on cars much).

It doesn't produce any "fartcan" sound whatsoever, and it definitely produces a deeper & louder growl than what I expected. Which is both good & bad, IMO. It is a nice sound for sure, but I can maybe see it as a little annoying sometimes as it can be heard even when the stereo is at medium volume. Of course it doesn't make a V8 sound, nor did I expect it to.

But be certain you want a pretty constant exhaust growl at low and high RPM's as I found at midrange RPM's it quiets down a bit. If that's what you want to hear, I can attest to the Corksport (and it does LOOK great from the back). And it sounds like you can't go wrong w/ the Racing Beat either. I would first hear it w/o a resonator delete as it might be loud enough for you w/o it.
ZackDickey likes this.
post #20 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1219 View Post
No 4 banger or any v6 can sound as good as a V8. Its a law of physics. V8 sound the way they do for reasons that cant be replicated in other engines. Cutting the guts out of the muffler is a worse idea than just cutting it off entirely. I can hear the guys at the muffler shop laughing thier asses off already. If you want cheap, buy yourself an old beater car to screw up and learn on. If u want what u consider to be a decent sound...save up ur money for the magnavox or others. Learn to enjoy your car for what it is, dont try to make it into something it isnt. Good luck
Some turbo 4 bangers sound as good if not better than V8's, IMO.
ZackDickey likes this.

Cobb AP - CP-E Nano SRI - CP-E Single exit CBE - CP-E RMM - PG TIP - SLS TP - Forge V1 BPV - HKS Hipermax LS+ Coilovers - Car_LED Tails - Prosport Gauges - Dashhawk - JBR SSP/Counterweight/Bushings/Heavy Shift Knob

- SOLD
Instagram: JKalai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page