Any new owners regret getting the mazda 6? if so why? - Page 14 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 206 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
14 Touring didn't come with Satellite or Moonroof. GT would have been 5K more. So I settled. 15' Touring has an option package for those items. So I missed out.

Car has been trouble free for 14 months of ownership and mileage, looks and features are top of the class. Only other regret is less than stellar ingress and egress. Relatively low roof and raked A-Piller make this a major operation for an overweight middle aged man. Had a Nissan Versa rental a couple of weeks ago ( an ugly piece of crap to be sure) and was shocked at the ease of entry. So apparently it's not just my extra poundage. I know you have to compromise for the styling, but perhaps a little more effort could have been put in to this area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 206 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Road noise is the only irritant otherwise I am glad I got this car.
post #133 of 206 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I don't regret getting the car, but I gotta say, I don't think it's *that* sporty to drive. I guess I was hoping it'd be just like my sister's '04 Mazda3, which is still a blast around town. The 6 in comparison feels pretty damn big. The front end is long and wide, which makes parking a bit trickier, and the windshield slope is so steep that passengers often have to move the seat almost completely back just so the sun visor isn't in their hair.

But the steering is good, the fuel economy is terrific, and the car is flippin' gorgeous. So yep, I'd buy it all over again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 206 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaquaqua View Post
I don't regret getting the car, but I gotta say, I don't think it's *that* sporty to drive. I guess I was hoping it'd be just like my sister's '04 Mazda3, which is still a blast around town. The 6 in comparison feels pretty damn big. The front end is long and wide, which makes parking a bit trickier, and the windshield slope is so steep that passengers often have to move the seat almost completely back just so the sun visor isn't in their hair.

But the steering is good, the fuel economy is terrific, and the car is flippin' gorgeous. So yep, I'd buy it all over again.
3 vs 6? Not a fair comparison, no? It is like comparing BMW 3-series vs 5 series .. big difference!

2014 Soul Red GT w/ I-ELOOP (tech pkg)
Huskyliner Floor and Trunk Mats, White Interior LEDs, Fog, Front Lip, Door Handle, Rear Reflector Chrome Accents, SS Door Sill Plates and Bumper protector, Splash Guards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #135 of 206 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Garage
Coming from rx7's and miatas, the 6 is definitely taking a slower approach to driving. Buying the 6 in 6MT made up for a tiny bit of it but I think I should've waited for the ND miata. I just miss RWD too much.

Outside of the fun factor, car looks great and holds people. It'll be a good DD-er until I pass it on to my kids or something.

My next car will definitely be something RWD, though. Maybe a first gen rx7 or an e30. I just can't resist the adolescent urge in me to slide around some corners in a disposable car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #136 of 206 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Seems like everyone is coming from faster cars haha. My previous car was a 2.0l Mazda3 so the 6 seems plenty fast to me. I've never really felt like I needed more power out of the 6, but I guess that goes along with owning faster cars.
post #137 of 206 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
i regret getting a 6 since i like to mod... the 6 is very limited. if want to mod i should have got the 3. SOO i sold my 2014 6 and got a 2013 ZL1 Camaro ... lots of modding and to my disbelief im actually getting 25 highway and 15 city mpg... amazing for 600hp i figures 9mpg from the jump... happy to be wrong
post #138 of 206 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Garage
I was in the same market as you looking at the Accord sport and mazda 6. The accord sport ride was a little too firm for me, and the seats are just so damn uncomfortable. There's roughly 9 or so Honda accords on the market for every 1 mazda 6, I like not seeing the same car as mine a million times when going for a ride. I have a 2015 itouring 6 with Bose and moonroof. I was originally looking at a 2012 CPO BMW 328xi coupe E92, but for the sake of saving money for ownership, I think I made the right choice. The accord sport will definitely be cheaper, (sucks you can't add options to that model to make it nicer) and much more room for negotiation but if you're willing to spend a couple extra grand it's worth it.
post #139 of 206 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean6 View Post
I was in the same market as you looking at the Accord sport and mazda 6. The accord sport ride was a little too firm for me, and the seats are just so damn uncomfortable. There's roughly 9 or so Honda accords on the market for every 1 mazda 6, I like not seeing the same car as mine a million times when going for a ride. I have a 2015 itouring 6 with Bose and moonroof. I was originally looking at a 2012 CPO BMW 328xi coupe E92, but for the sake of saving money for ownership, I think I made the right choice. The accord sport will definitely be cheaper, (sucks you can't add options to that model to make it nicer) and much more room for negotiation but if you're willing to spend a couple extra grand it's worth it.
I didn't have any issues negotiating with Mazda (got 4100 off). On the contrary I have found Honda salesmen to show that snobbish attitude while negotiating as if their car is made of gold.

I totally agree to the 1:9 ratio. I have never bought a commonly occuring car.

2014 Soul Red GT w/ I-ELOOP (tech pkg)
Huskyliner Floor and Trunk Mats, White Interior LEDs, Fog, Front Lip, Door Handle, Rear Reflector Chrome Accents, SS Door Sill Plates and Bumper protector, Splash Guards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #140 of 206 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Just picked mine up last Wednesday. Put 320 miles on this weekend, a good chunk of it highway, as is my commute five days a week. I'm getting 30.3 mpg right now via the CPU, I haven't done my own calcs yet, as I'll wait for my first fill up, which should happen tomorrow.

I have no regrets so far. Traded in a 2010 3 Touring. We had minimal problems with that car, which is why I went with the 6. The kids could no longer squeeze into their car seats in the 3. I found the 3 to have a ton of roadnoise, and don't get me started on the Bluetooth on that year's model. It was terrible. Constantly dropped my iPod and phone.

That being said, I have found the 6 to have the same issues so far, so it's all relative to me. Roadnoise is a bit much, but after the 3, I'm used to it. I can't stand the USB iPod integration. Restarts everytime, and the shuffle program seems to pick the same twenty songs everytime when it starts up. Other than that, no complaints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page