My infotainment works fine - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook187 View Post
I have a 2015 manufactured in 1/14 and for a phone I'm using the HTC One M8
sorry to hijack, but i'm having issues getting my text messages to download. i have an htc one m7 and a 2014 mazda6. do your messages download?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metz1295 View Post
sorry to hijack, but i'm having issues getting my text messages to download. i have an htc one m7 and a 2014 mazda6. do your messages download?
My Messages download with my M8
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
what type of music program do you run with your galaxy? I have used my galaxy s4 to play music and such through bluetooth and it does work fine.

Zoom Zoom: 2014 MT blue/sand touring

Whats my stress reliever? PAINTBALL-duh
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

One can never out pace crazy and one can never beat stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Groans: 18
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Garage
Quote:
I'm definitely in the minority when it comes to the statement on the title of this thread but does anyone else share the same sentiment?

My infotainment works as it should. Pandora loads up at every start up on the previous station I was listening to (even if the app wasn't open on my phone). My phones contact loads without a hitch with all previously downloaded messages. I could make phone calls by using the dial pad or the phone book.

Bluetooth audio streaming works great when I'm using an app other than Pandora to play the music that's installed in my phone. I could fast forward to the next song I'll go back to the previous song.

The only thing I can't account for is how well the system plays music from a USB drive because I don't keep music on a USB Drive, I keep it on SD card on my phone.
Ditto...same here. My NB1 "situation" does (and is) exactly like yours. Pandora fires up by itself (same station). Sometimes, I even have to beat it running first/automatically..if I want Jango, Rdio, Tune In or other music apps to play instead via BT (so to rectify for my choice, I turn on that music app first, before firing up the push button ignition). I also do not use USB for music, so no account there as well. Music too, is inside the phone's 32GB storage.

Phone functions, SMS, phone book, anything call related...clean as a whistle.

For the record, my phone is an LG G2 on Kitkat 4.4.2 (upgraded from Jellybean 4.2.2). Both versions, no issues. Btw, I also turn off (and on, minutes before getting inside my car) Bluetooth, mainly to save on battery power (my habit of turning off anything, of not in use).

IMHO, the NB1 issue is just one side (of the Coin analogy) of the Infotainment problems of the GJ. The other side, true compatibility of the phone (could be due to the design/hardware level of smartphone, and not just the OS/software).

Last edited by ExB5; 04-16-2014 at 10:13 AM.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Took a little trip yesterday. Received one call, placed a couple others via voice button on steering wheel. Also received a text message, and it was able to read it to me by selecting the the little speaker icon next to the message using the commander button.

Seems like a programmers nightmare to make sure all these different kinds of phones and android/ios versions work and are compatible with the car. They should have a way to update the software of the car at regular intervals.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
My very early build 2014 6 GT's head unit worked fine with my old Nokia Lumia 900. Worked well with my Galaxy S4 too. Pandora, Bluetooth streaming, etc.
However, my new Nokia Lumia 920 doesn't work very well. I chalk it up to a new Standard of connectivity the phone is trying to use, and the cars Bluetooth ability cannot cope. The same challenge that new iPhone users are having. Anyway, I suspect Mazda will have to flash the software for firmware to update the HU to get me back the functionality.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metz1295 View Post
I have this same issue also with my M7. My texts used to download but not anymore. It actually wasn't a feature I used much so I disabled Mazda's access to my phone's messages as well as my phonebook (since it never downloaded all the contacts anyway). Actually ever since I disabled access to that stuff the music starts playing almost instantly when starting the car since it doesn't sit and try to download the phonebook every time.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne2Drive View Post
My very early build 2014 6 GT's head unit worked fine with my old Nokia Lumia 900. Worked well with my Galaxy S4 too. Pandora, Bluetooth streaming, etc.
However, my new Nokia Lumia 920 doesn't work very well. I chalk it up to a new Standard of connectivity the phone is trying to use, and the cars Bluetooth ability cannot cope. The same challenge that new iPhone users are having. Anyway, I suspect Mazda will have to flash the software for firmware to update the HU to get me back the functionality.
Call me confused, but the Nokia Lumia 920 uses Bluetooth 3.1, the S4 uses NEWER Bluetooth 4.0. So the fact that your S4 works and the Lumia does not would be because of an older version of Bluetooth. And the Lumia 920 is an older phone than the S4. But my S3 uses 3.1 and works better than my S4.

Here's my reference:

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. Nokia Lumia 920: Spec Showdown | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

And I applaud Mazda for not giving in to the iPhone craze. After all, Android has the largest cell phone market share, so of course you're going to appeal to the larger audience.

SOLD 2014 Jet Black Mica iSport
SOLD 2015 Soul Red iTouring w/Sun & Bose
2016 Mazda CX-3 GT w/i-Activsense
2006 Suzuki C50C

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I have a 2015 manufactured in 1/14 and for a phone I'm using the HTC One M8
Thinking about upgrading to M8 myself, can you tell me if you have track info, i.e. artist, track name, in the car display when using Spotify?
I don't on my HTC One S, but read elsewhere that it comes with Android 4.3+..
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagevm View Post
Thinking about upgrading to M8 myself, can you tell me if you have track info, i.e. artist, track name, in the car display when using Spotify?
I don't on my HTC One S, but read elsewhere that it comes with Android 4.3+..
I can't speak for Spotify cause I don't use it but it displays it with Sony unlimited and Google Music just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page