2014 Mazda Wind Noise Driver's Side - Page 41 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #401 of 407 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 07:16 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://youtu.be/7LN9MQ3XWIU

I recorded wind noise from rear seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #402 of 407 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:22 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gajdzin View Post
If you mean my new seals, they were done both in front and back, plus the vertical strip between the front and rear doors, see the picture on previous page.
Cannot see the pics anymore.

As luck would have it I drove by a Mazda dealership today. No one had heard of noise complaints! However there is a TSB, No. 09-024/18 covering 2014-2016 and some 2017 models. Mazda is only covering under the limited new vehicle warranty which is 3/36k.

"Some vehicles may exhibit wind noise at rear door quarter glass when driven at high speed. This is caused by air leakage from the gap between rear sash molding, rear door glass run channel, rear door glass guide, and rear door quarter glass guide.
Replace the rear door quarter glass guide, rear door glass guide, and the rar door glass run channel at affected side(s) with modified ones on MGSS (REAR DOOR QUARTER GLASS REMOVAL/INSTALLATION)."

Parts: :
GHK1-72-651E is RH rear door quarter glass guide
GHK1-73-6515 is LH
GHK1-72-602B is rear door glass guide
GRT6-72-605A is RH rear door glass run channel
GRT6-73-605A is LH.

I was quoted 193.15 for all part before tax. TSB calls for .05 hours for one door and .08 for two.
post #403 of 407 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Nice. For TSB, will they cover this even if our cars is a 2014 (No warranty).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'14 JBM Touring - 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #404 of 407 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 03:29 PM
IMZ
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Did this fix the noise?

'Change the rules on what controls you and you will change the rules on what you can control.'
post #405 of 407 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:01 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I had the TSB work done early on for my 2014 as I was an early purchaser of the car (April 2013); as I recall they did both rear passenger door seals and it didn't make much difference. Maybe a little quieter but a long way from "night & day". Still love my M6 though, just about to hit 40k miles, I only average about 6,500 miles a year with it and take good care of it. As others have said, one of the biggest differences or improvements I made was buying new tires, the Continentals on there now were a quantum improvement over the stock Dunlops (which made it to 30k). I also had the rear window headliner infamous "squeak in freezing temps" issue fixed and that really helped too. Happy Easter all! Cheers, Rampage

"Out of pitch but still in tune" (Neil Young)

My Mazda lineage:

90 Protege (sold)
94 Protege (RIP, tranny died 3/25/13)
04 MPV
08 Mazda 3 Hatch
14 Mazda 6 Blue Reflex Touring w/fogs & auto dim mirror
post #406 of 407 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:59 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndName View Post
Nice. For TSB, will they cover this even if our cars is a 2014 (No warranty).
NO THEY WON'T and were really rude about it when I complained via email. Here is their response.

Thank you for contacting the Mazda Customer Experience Center. I am sorry to hear your disappointment, but this is some of the risk involved with buying a used vehicle. The concern you are experiencing could have been present a majority of the time while the previous owner had the vehicle as that started almost 4 years ago, or it may have been only until you purchased the vehicle the concern became present with wind noise; however, there is no guarantee any TSB concern will happen on every single vehicle. Parts can fail and concerns on every vehicle can happen. Every product-related concern related to defect of a part grants coverage as a matter of being inside the applicable warranty; therefore, if you are outside of the warranty, you are now responsible for the repair.

If you have any questions or responses, you may reach me by replying directly to this e-mail.

Sincerely,
Andrew

I traded in a 2012 VW CC that had lots of TSB's. You know what VW did? Extended the warranty on those defective parts to 120,000 miles. I had an intake manifold replaced with 85k miles at no charge to me.

They KNOW the wind noise is such an issue they issued a TSB, but will not stand behind it, and worse this guy said things like maybe it started when you bought it 5 days ago.
post #407 of 407 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
You do realize that a tsb is not a defacto declaration of a warranty fix. It's merely an acknowledgement of an issue that needs to be addressed by their service personnel. Just because VW did what they did doesn't make it an industry standard.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page