Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - How to do tranny fluid drain & fill on a 2012 mazda6 when there's no dipstick?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
pa2ad0x
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, thanks for all the info!

It seems that I may indeed have a little grey plastic dipstick held down by a bolt. It is way deep down in there though past the battery.

Also, I just talked to the dealership (stealership) and they said since I've already gone past the 30k mark without doing anything to the transmission fluid they want me to come in and check my transmission fluid and do a transmission flush ($239 +tax).

I've heard mixed opinions about tranny flushes. It seems that some people are convinced that we should not do flushes for risk of damaging the transmission while others say that we should do it and nowadays the risk of damaging our transmissions by flushing is very low.

Any thoughts or opinions on this? Should I go to the dealership and get the transmission flush for $239 + tax? I am still covered under the 5-year/60,000mile powertrain warranty so I'm not sure if doing my own transmission fluid changes will void it or not... :-/

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome