Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - 2014 Mazda 6 vs. 2014 Mazda 3
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2013, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Flynnstone
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
2014 Mazda 6 vs. 2014 Mazda 3

Hello all - looking for some advice here.

I've been researching mid/full size sedans including the Mazda6, Altima, Legacy, Fusion and Impala (all 2014 models). I pretty much settled on the 6 for many reasons inlcuding gas mileage, styling, reliability, etc. This past Sunday I dropped by the local Mazda dealer to check out what they had without being pestered (They actually share the dealership with Ford and there is a lot more Ford inventory than Mazda inventory). Anyway, their website said they had something like 8 Mazda 6's on the lot. When I got there looking down the row I thought that they hadn't updated their website with inventory, because it looked like they had at least 18 6's. Starting at one end and walking up and down the row, taking some pictures of course. When all of a sudden I realized that the last 10 vehicles's were 2014 Mazda 3's!! (I didn't realize the new 3's were on the lots already.) I could barely tell the difference between the 2 models, the 3's had a slightly shorter wheelbase, slightly different directional signal style, and some interior styling differences. So when I got home I immediately went to the Mazda website to check out the specs of the 3 to compare with the 6. So here's my question...

Why should I spend the extra bucks (several thousand bucks) on the 6? If you upgrade the 3 to the 2.5 engine, the primary differences (besides the interior) between the two vehicles are in trunk capacity, fuel tank capacity and rear seat hip and legroom. I only use my rear seats occasionally.

So why should I buy a 6 instead of the 3?

Thanks in advance for all advice.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome