Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Idler pulley fell off, cant see if bolt is stuck
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Shifty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Idler pulley fell off, cant see if bolt is stuck

Hello all,
Last week I thought my serpentine belt snapped but as it turns out my idler pulley fell off. The bolt snapped. The problem I am having is that I canít see if the bolt is still stuck in there or if it worked its way loose. Since the bolt is snapped I assume itís stuck in there but I canít see clearly enough to tell. Has anyone had any experience with this? If so ANY help is GREATLY appreciated. I have the car jacked up and the wheel off but due to the way the engine is set in the bay I can barely get a postage stamp slid on the side, let alone have enough room to get a clear view or do any work. My internet searches have yielded no results. If the bolt is out, hopefully I can attach a new pulley, put the belt back on and go but right now I just canít even tell is the bolt is stuck or not.

Does anyone have a walkthrough, video, or any pictures that might help with this situation? Anything will help, Iím left scratching my head and asking friends to take a look on their off days. Itís a 2003 6i, 2.3L.

I have the pulley and broken bolt still, but it does me no good until I can see whatís going on in there. If you have anything at all you think might help, please share. Iím stranded until I get this thing repaired. Thanks all!

**Don't buy from Accolade, srsly**

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome