Mazda 6 Forums banner

2006 Mazdaspeed6 help with decision

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  javander2002 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking at a 2006 mazdaspeed6 GT with 80k miles for $12k
First of all, how does the price seem to you guys?

I ran autocheck and nmvtis reports on it, the history seems a bit strange, can you guys help me understand this?

The car seems to have "lien reported" and I think it may have sat in an auction lot for over 1.5 years without moving. What do you guys think?

Linked to the pdf:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6w2sh3WVcDvNWJHa19mSFpiU0k

#2 ·
To be honest it makes me a bit nervous to see all the auction reports from October 2008 to February 2010. Was it properly maintained the entire time?

Also there is mention of an odometer rollback twice. I wonder what the deal with that is?

The lien isn't a big deal IMO; the seller would have to satisfy that prior to selling to you.

#4 ·
Looks like everything was serviced & brought current, including the dmv issuing a title, at the end of the detailed history. Everything appears clear and legal.

I'd strongly encourage connecting with a local owner and have them go over the many and varied potential trouble areas with/for you. That's the best way to find the common expected & no big deal issues that you can use as negation points -vs- the run like hell the other way type issues.

Reactions: GroceryGetter
#5 ·
Thanks guys, I went to check out the car today and it was a nightmare. The rear bumper had a tad of color mismatch, and the paint seemed low quality (not shiny) so I brought it to a local mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection. Turned out the car had been crashed both front and back, and it was not repaired completely. When lifted the car off the ground to check, the mechanic found that the exhaust was bent, the bumper was barely hanging on, and there were leaks from the transfer case and power steering hose.

I ended up saying no to the car........ even though it was really fun to drive. Now on to the quest to find something similar! fun/fast sedan under $15k with black leather interior with around 60k miles. Anyone selling one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.