Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Second Gen Engine/Trans Software update?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 11:22 AM
czb182
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is short desc of that ECM update.

"On certain 2010 CX-7 vehicles and 2009-2010 Mazda6 vehicles, a readiness status code, which is used for OBD-II Readiness Test, may be incorrectly set due to improper programming of the evaporative monitoring system."

I agree with you on the shifting, its my least favorite feature of car. For me it is mainly 3-1 downshift. When slowing down it just loves keeping in 3rd, so when I try to accelerate after slowing for stop it barely moves because its still in 3rd, and then because its barely moving I give it more gas, then it suddenly shoots forward after downshifting to 1st. I think my style of driving and this transmission just do not match : P

Also whats annoying(and dangerous) is fact that if you push pedal are right(or wrong) rate, the tranmission wont know what gear to downshift too, and you ending not going anywhere for 1-2s. Its only happened to me a couple times, but once was while trying to cross a highway and nearly got me hit.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome