Mazda 6 Forums banner

What colour is this?

5K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Raynman 
#1 ·
Here is my new baby. People ask what colour is my new car and I have to go into lengthy explanation.
Is there a definitive name for this colour?

See less See more
#3 ·
QUOTE (def+ones @ Nov 13 2008, 11:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475667
steel gray metallic
FTMFW![/b]
Not for the '06-'08, which is what it looks like based on the headlights and front end.

Tungsten Gray is the color, and it does look purplish in different light.

#4 ·
if its purple looking, might be violet grey...

#5 ·
QUOTE (Mz6GreyGhost @ Nov 13 2008, 09:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475670
Not for the '06-'08, which is what it looks like based on the headlights and front end.

Tungsten Gray is the color, and it does look purplish in different light.[/b]
Sorry, forgot to mention year. It's 2007 Mazda 6 Touring Edition

As for Tungsten Gray, I looked at "Tungsten Gray" thread (http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=90918)
and found that it's not the same.

It does look more purple under fluorescent light

Is there colour chart for Mazda 6 anywhere?

#7 ·
QUOTE (ArtemusMaximus @ Nov 13 2008, 10:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475682
Sorry, forgot to mention year. It's 2007 Mazda 6 Touring Edition

As for Tungsten Gray, I looked at "Tungsten Gray" thread (http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=90918)
and found that it's not the same.

It does look more purple under fluorescent light

Is there colour chart for Mazda 6 anywhere?[/b]
mine is violet grey and the color code is 33D, (code is found on your door panel). definately looks purple in bright light and black at night.

#9 ·
QUOTE (Mz6GreyGhost @ Nov 13 2008, 09:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475689
Thanks Mz6GreyGhost
I was just gogling and found few of these.
But all of them show "Violet Gray" without a hint of Violet - just darker gray

QUOTE (jbinx @ Nov 13 2008, 09:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475687
mine is violet grey and the color code is 33D, (code is found on your door panel). definately looks purple in bright light and black at night.[/b]
Thanks, I will check the code
So far looks like the "Violet-Gray" is the winner :yesnod:

#11 ·
QUOTE (Mz6GreyGhost @ Nov 13 2008, 09:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475670

Tungsten Gray is the color, and it does look purplish in different light.[/b]
My neighbor at my old place had one in that color, I could never tell the damn color because it looked purple/blue to me. Come to think of it, our outside lighting was flourescent.

#14 ·
QUOTE (H15A5H1 @ Nov 13 2008, 06:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1476024
violet gray = purple

steel gray = green[/b]
Uhh, what? Steel Gray looks green? Then I must be colorblind, because the only color I see in my car is... wait for it... GRAY!

The Steel Gray is a darker shade gray that was available from '03-'05, dropped for '06-up and replaced by a Tungsten Gray that's much lighter (and IMO more silver than gray).

#15 ·
that is definitly voilet grey

#16 ·
QUOTE (Mz6GreyGhost @ Nov 13 2008, 07:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1476105
Uhh, what? Steel Gray looks green? Then I must be colorblind, because the only color I see in my car is... wait for it... GRAY!

The Steel Gray is a darker shade gray that was available from '03-'05, dropped for '06-up and replaced by a Tungsten Gray that's much lighter (and IMO more silver than gray).[/b]

yeah, youre probably color blind, :laugh: or youre just seeing what you want to see.
in the sunlight steel gray looks pretty green.
just like how in the sunlight tungsten looks purple.

tungsten looking silver? its not that light. this is the lightest i've ever seen my car.
i only got tungsten gray because i mistakenly thought it was titanium gray (the color used on the ms6)

[attachment=39692:DSC00688.JPG]

Attachments

#19 ·
HI~. Do you live in Canada and got the Canadian special model - "Touring edition-? If so. Its stormfront Grey same as my car. Down the states they also have this color call Violet gray. Both 33D paint code.

You have the exact same car as me and another member call " eliminator ". Visit my garage to compare =P

BTW. Which part of Canada are you located in?

#20 ·
#21 ·
QUOTE (ArtemusMaximus @ Nov 13 2008, 10:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1476161
I ment I don't know the difference between 05 and 07 grill LOL[/b]
in the pics i posted.. the steel gray has a 03-05 sport grille. (has two skinny bars in the middle)
the one your car has is a 06-07 sport grille. (has one thicker bar in the middle)

observe.

#22 ·
QUOTE (SamSamSam @ Nov 13 2008, 11:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1476167
HI~. Do you live in Canada and got the Canadian special model - "Touring edition-? If so. Its stormfront Grey same as my car. Down the states they also have this color call Violet gray. Both 33D paint code.

You have the exact same car as me and another member call " eliminator ". Visit my garage to compare =P

BTW. Which part of Canada are you located in?[/b]
You beat me to it, :)
Had hard time locating info on TE, all I could see GS and GT
Yes I live in Edmonton, Canada and bought 2007 Mazda 6 Touring Editing 2 weeks ago for $17,300 with 23,000KMs on it. Sweet eh? Rest Mazda 6s where with a lot more KMs on them and just base models for same price.

QUOTE (H15A5H1 @ Nov 13 2008, 11:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1476172
in the pics i posted.. the steel gray has a 03-05 sport grille. (has two skinny bars in the middle)
the one your car has is a 06-07 sport grille. (has one thicker bar in the middle)

observe.[/b]
Power of observation, eh? or should I say luck there of ... :drive: LOL
One of those times when I can see difference when put two side by side, but separately looks same.
But now that you brought to my attention, I'll remember

QUOTE (SamSamSam @ Nov 13 2008, 11:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1476167
You have the exact same car as me and another member call " eliminator ". Visit my garage to compare =P[/b]
(noob question) Where is your garage?

#25 ·
QUOTE (H15A5H1 @ Nov 13 2008, 11:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1476130
yeah, youre probably color blind, :laugh: or youre just seeing what you want to see.[/b]
The same could be said for you, since I see no green in that car at all. In fact, I see more of a blue shade than anything else.

Trust me, I've owned my car for 4 years, and have seen it in all kinds of light conditions, in different backgrounds, both clean and dirty, and there's no green to be seen, unless I see a reflection of a traffic signal on my hood.
QUOTE (H15A5H1 @ Nov 13 2008, 11:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1476130
tungsten looking silver? its not that light. this is the lightest i've ever seen my car.[/b]
Park it next to a Steel Gray, and tell me which is more silver. :yesnod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.