Mazda 6 Forums banner

So whats up in the midwest?

13K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  xpmtterrx 
#1 ·
It's been forever so I figured I'd post up and see whats new with everyone and just say whats up. We got any new members from around the Omaha/Iowa area?

#6 ·
QUOTE (adpsmp @ Nov 7 2008, 08:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1473086
Bellevue Nebraska here.
There don't seem to be too many that post here.
Met a couple last spring at the RX8 meet, but that was about it.[/b]
(-(-_(-_-(-_-)-_-)_-)-) We are watching YOU!

#8 ·
<<Pokes head out>> Is it still winter? <<pokes head back in>>

#11 ·
QUOTE (aero6 @ Dec 22 2008, 09:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1493980
I'm in town for the next 3 weeks until heading back to MN.

That was me on Merle Hay today....
what happened to your lip?[/b]

Nice 6. I love the color.. I was all checking it out lol..

I hit a chuck of ice yesterday in the parking lot at work and it just shattered the right side. Really sucked... I need to get a new front lip now.

#14 ·
QUOTE (HedsIc @ Dec 23 2008, 07:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1494092
Nice 6. I love the color.. I was all checking it out lol..

I hit a chuck of ice yesterday in the parking lot at work and it just shattered the right side. Really sucked... I need to get a new front lip now.[/b]
Spotted a white 6 with wheels, lowered, tint, and modified mazda logo at the Goodyear place on Merle Hay.
Seen it before?

#21 ·
QUOTE (adpsmp @ Jan 12 2009, 11:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1502984
I park in the lot by the old dorms/thrift shop/flight medicine clinic...that all used to be dorms[/b]
Gotcha... I'm on casual status so I head over that way every Monday. I'm still all stock and trying to decide what to blow my money on. I'm just hesitant with everything cause of the weather here. And the crappy roads.

#22 ·
QUOTE (Redletter @ Jan 12 2009, 03:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1503090
Gotcha... I'm on casual status so I head over that way every Monday. I'm still all stock and trying to decide what to blow my money on. I'm just hesitant with everything cause of the weather here. And the crappy roads.[/b]
I definately understand that. I've hit a couple of teeth-rattling potholes that I would have sworn bent a rim...but so far...I've been pretty lucky.
Although, now that Nebraska has finally caught up with the rest of the country and started using asphalt instead of concrete...the highways are getting quite a bit nicer to drive on.

#24 ·
QUOTE (Redletter @ Jan 15 2009, 09:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1505007
Do you have a sound system? I went to Stereo West Audio store in omaha... and their kinda expensive but they do some good work from what i've seen.... You know anything about them or is the sound deal not your thing?[/b]
I know they are a little pricey...but I have never heard anyone complain about their installs.
I am still stock in the stereo dept...I've been doing some research...but really don't know which way I want to go. My last car had 2 10" Punch Subs in a sealed enclosure run by an 800w Kenwood 2-channel, 4 6x8" 2-ways in the front and back and some Boston Accoustic Tweeters run by a 640w 4-channel, and an Alpine head unit....
However, I don't like the way the dash looks in the 6 with the aftermarket head units so that type of set-up is out.
So....right now I'm kinda leaning toward getting a amplified sub (infinity basslink or the like) amp, and upgraded speakers...

#25 ·
I've been searching ebay pretty hard looking for some deals... i ended up getting 2 kicker comp vr's and 500watt amp... just to see what it sounds like. It was basically just an experiment though cause i know i want to get a Alpine mrp-m1000 and some better subs in the future. Anyways its all going to the stock HU cause i'm a cheap ass and i also dont like the look of the after market stuff. And yeah South West is expensive but they seem to be really into helping me find what i need. I think i saw you pulling out of the Bx/Line badge building road today on my way back from the gym. Your car's looking good

#26 ·
QUOTE (Redletter @ Jan 16 2009, 05:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1505478
I've been searching ebay pretty hard looking for some deals... i ended up getting 2 kicker comp vr's and 500watt amp... just to see what it sounds like. It was basically just an experiment though cause i know i want to get a Alpine mrp-m1000 and some better subs in the future. Anyways its all going to the stock HU cause i'm a cheap ass and i also dont like the look of the after market stuff. And yeah South West is expensive but they seem to be really into helping me find what i need. I think i saw you pulling out of the Bx/Line badge building road today on my way back from the gym. Your car's looking good[/b]
Thanks...but she's about filthy right now...can't wait for spring...I hate road salt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.