Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
The only option I know of is Twisted Tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 12:51 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
[QUOTE=bluedevil6;5042660]The only option I know of is Twisted Tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Know if anyone who used it or used it, any reviews on it? Their website is pretty lacking in information and gains from their tunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
[quote=Buzby;5045948]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post

Know if anyone who used it or used it, any reviews on it? Their website is pretty lacking in information and gains from their tunes
I tried to reach out to them a few months back and haven't gotten a response back as of yet.

From what I've seen, the 03-05 ECU is on lockdown. You can't get into it. The 06-08 might be able to be tuned. I have also heard that you can have a 06-08 ECU vin flashed to a later year. If that is the case it would be worth looking into however, we are still not sure if we can even still get tunes or whatever.

Personally, I'm over it. It's been too much trouble trying to find tuning and the supporting mods that go along with it. Just enjoy the car as is, toss on a CAI and some new mounts and call it good. The money one would have to spend to do tuning , vin flash, etc, could be used towards a different platform swapped into the 6 that already has all sorts of support.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 03 but the cost of even forged positions are out of this world for no hp gain. Not to mention that even Mazda has discontinued a lot of parts for the 1st gen. Some of the things they have discontinued are major parts of the car smh.

Ray.
2003 6s
Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, Brake light mod, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, RX 8 seats, Custom LED side markers, Lower rear bumper lights, Transmission cooler, Derale Performance transmission filter kit, and lots more to come!!!

Last edited by DJ Raydiate; 05-21-2019 at 09:06 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:19 AM
Learners License

[QUOTE=DJ Raydiate;5045958]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post

I tried to reach out to them a few months back and haven't gotten a response back as of yet.

From what I've seen, the 03-05 ECU is on lockdown. You can't get into it. The 06-08 might be able to be tuned. I have also heard that you can have a 06-08 ECU vin flashed to a later year. If that is the case it would be worth looking into however, we are still not sure if we can even still get tunes or whatever.

Personally, I'm over it. It's been too much trouble trying to find tuning and the supporting mods that go along with it. Just enjoy the car as is, toss on a CAI and some new mounts and call it good. The money one would have to spend to do tuning , vin flash, etc, could be used towards a different platform swapped into the 6 that already has all sorts of support.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 03 but the cost of even forged positions are out of this world for no hp gain. Not to mention that even Mazda has discontinued a lot of parts for the 1st gen. Some of the things they have discontinued are major parts of the car smh.

You said mounts , do you mean like better now motor mounts? If so I heard the awr ones are decent , but are they worth buying ?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:57 AM

Garage
[quote=Buzby;5045960]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Raydiate View Post

You said mounts , do you mean like better now motor mounts? If so I heard the awr ones are decent , but are they worth buying ?
Lol, if you read my signature you'll see that I have 2 of 3 currently installed with the 3rd about to go on when I flush my transmission. The fact that we can replace the rubber inserts for way cheaper than a whole new mount make it worth it in the long run. The engine mount and dog bone alone are nice are their own. No more worries about the oil filled mount blowing out if you drive hard as I tend to do.

IF you plan on keeping the car for the long haul, yes 100% worth it.

IF this is a fly by night vehicle that one may not want to keep then maybe not so much.

It all depends on what one is willing to spend and how long they intend to keep the car. For me, I'm in it for the long run.

Ray.
2003 6s
Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, Brake light mod, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, RX 8 seats, Custom LED side markers, Lower rear bumper lights, Transmission cooler, Derale Performance transmission filter kit, and lots more to come!!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 10:31 AM
Learners License

[QUOTE=DJ Raydiate;5045966]
Quote:
Quote:

Lol, if you read my signature you'll see that I have 2 of 3 currently installed with the 3rd about to go on when I flush my transmission. The fact that we can replace the rubber inserts for way cheaper than a whole new mount make it worth it in the long run. The engine mount and dog bone alone are nice are their own. No more worries about the oil filled mount blowing out if you drive hard as I tend to do.

IF you plan on keeping the car for the long haul, yes 100% worth it.

IF this is a fly by night vehicle that one may not want to keep then maybe not so much.

It all depends on what one is willing to spend and how long they intend to keep the car. For me, I'm in it for the long run.

Do you notice a difference with them over the stock mounts
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:50 AM

Garage
Yes for mine. I went with the 88 durometer. The car will vibrate more with them on but it's nothing that I haven't dealt with before.

Ray.
2003 6s
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:02 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Yes for mine. I went with the 88 durometer. The car will vibrate more with them on but it's nothing that I haven't dealt with before.
Well yeah but I mean besides that
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Well yeah but I mean besides that
I'm not exactly sure of what you are asking. They work just as they should and I notice that they work. There is less powertrain rock, better engine braking, more vibrations due to less dampening, etc.....

Here is a good read on the different effects of different mounts work in any vehicle.

Ray.
2003 6s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page