Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum (https://forum.mazda6club.com/)
-   3.0L V6 (https://forum.mazda6club.com/229-3-0l-v6/)
-   -   Does the 06 3.0L have an IACV? (https://forum.mazda6club.com/3-0l-v6/438750-does-06-3-0l-have-iacv.html)

TampaBay6 02-05-2019 02:18 PM

Does the 06 3.0L have an IACV?

I have a poor idle condition and was thinking about checking the Idle Air Control valve. But I don't see one. Does this 2006 3.0L have an IAC valve?

bluedevil6 02-05-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampaBay6 (Post 5035410)
I have a poor idle condition and was thinking about checking the Idle Air Control valve. But I don't see one. Does this 2006 3.0L have an IAC valve?

The 3.0 does not have one it is all controlled through the TB, what do you mean by poor idle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TampaBay6 02-05-2019 02:52 PM

The idle drops at stop signs and I have EVAP error codes. I just bought two pair of very long needle nose pliers (one with a 90 degree bend) to make replacing the evap purge solenoid easier. But thought about checking the IACV just in case.

I also don't like the way it sounds at idle, it has sort of a slight "thrumming" sounds. (Not real steady.)

DrFeelGood 02-05-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampaBay6 (Post 5035410)

One of the first places to check is for vacuum leaks, especially the accordion intake tube then the hoses on the back of the intake.
A good cleaning of the MAF/IAT/TB can also be helpful. Without knowing what your symptoms are, I also found it helpful to wipe the metal dust off the CPS and CMP (especially true if you have higher miles).
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/af7...0&odnBg=FFFFFF

TampaBay6 02-05-2019 04:24 PM

The intake tube was replaced this summer with a new Mazda part. I cleaned the throttle body and the EGR valve when I was there. Also cleaned the MAS.

What's CPS and CMP?

TampaBay6 02-05-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampaBay6 (Post 5035432)
The intake tube was replaced this summer with a new Mazda part. I cleaned the throttle body and the EGR valve when I was there. Also cleaned the MAS.

What's CPS and CMP?

OK,,, found out, crank and cam position . And I just made 100,000 miles.

TampaBay6 02-05-2019 06:34 PM

Ordered Dorman 911-702. Amazon delivers Thursday. Will be glad to have that thing replaced finally.

DrFeelGood 02-05-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampaBay6 (Post 5035448)
Ordered Dorman 911-702. Amazon delivers Thursday. Will be glad to have that thing replaced finally.

I'm guessing you have a P0441/P0443 code? Sounds like you have it all sorted out.

Kalalicious 02-05-2019 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampaBay6 (Post 5035448)

That took care of my problem when I had idle issues and EVAP codes. A real pain in the ass to replace, but with patience, and long needle noses, it came out just fine. I would recommend first getting it off of the mount it's attached to - just takes a little muscle and commitment. After that, it's much easier to get your hands on it to maneuver it.

I found it curious that the EVAP problem acted like a vacuum leak which is what I chased at first until I got the gross EVAP leak code. I didn't know that would happen - learned something new.

TampaBay6 02-06-2019 08:53 AM

The EVAP code I'm getting is P0455 (system large leak detected.) Also P2189 and P0151. The valve cover and oil pan were leaking oil everywhere so I fixed that second (,,,first round of repairs was the new intake tube, cleaning the TB, EGR valve and the MAF sensor, and a new gas cap.)

Somehow oil was leaking onto the front downstream O2 sensor (and the cat heat shielding) and making a ton of smoke. I thought that maybe the oil leak from the valve cover was causing the P0151 (O2 sensor) error code because the thickest smoke was rolling off the O2 sensor.

Yesterday, I was under the car again (after 300 miles on the new gaskets) to track down a remaining small oil leak that's coming from the back of the engine. The leak source is the back passenger side corner; looks like is might be just above the CKP sensor. The sensor was very wet with old oil (and maybe new oil.) Hard to tell because there's oily grime everywhere, so I emptied a can of brake cleaner and will re-check that area soon.

Thank you DrFeelGood for schooling me on the CKP sensor. I saw that it was covered with oil sludge, but I didn't know what it was. The manual suggests removing it through the wheel well, but it looks accessible from underneath.

The CKP sensor harness connector is also saturated with oil. Who knows, that might cause a bad signal.