Mazda 6 Forums banner

What's your max mileage on a 3.0 V6 ?

9K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bluedevil6 
#1 ·
Hi, how long can it run a Mazda 6 with a 3.0 V6?

can you reach 200-250k miles without many troubles? (automatic trans)

what's your mileage with this engine?

thanks

#2 ·
My 05 v6 has 280,000 miles.

Mostly routine maintenance till around 200k.... Suspension lower control arms/ shocks/ spark plugs etc... Almost exactly at 200k, radiator blew and exhaust manifold cracked. Both of which are a complete bitch to fix.

Engine and trans still running strong... both on synthetic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
There's a good handful of people in the 200k+ range. Most cars are perfectly happy getting to the 200k+ range so long as you care for them properly and don't thrash on them.

There was a thread on here somewhere about people and their V6 milage but I can't seem to find it.

#4 ·
My 04 V6 has ~270,000KM (about 168,000 miles) and it still runs beautifully. I still get great gas mileage and plenty of power still on tap. You should easily see 250,000 miles if you do maintenance and you don't treat it like a rental car.

Don't forget that an automatic transmission IS a wear item and not designed to last the life of the car, just like a clutch. If you manage to keep your auto transmission alive for 250,000 miles or more then you are caring for it well, but they do by nature consume themselves at a slow rate so having to rebuild it once should be considered maintenance, in my opinion at least.

#5 ·
327,000 miles on my 2004 6s before I lost compression in one cylinder. Manual transmission though with one clutch replacement. Had to replace the water pump, alternator, accordion intake hose, dogbone motor mount, 1 front axle and 1 front axle boot and both pre-cats but otherwise normal maintenance parts.

Scott

#6 ·
i hit 370,000 miles yesterday on my 2005 6s atx 5-door. bought it new so i've had it all this time. original engine and transmission. had to replace the control arms a couple months ago, it rides nice and tight now. last year i replaced the starter and valve cover gaskets and intake manifold gaskets. other than the replacing the intake hose and maf sensor a few years ago, i've only spent $$ on normal maintenance stuff. leaks a little bit of oil...a quart every 1000-2000 miles so it's not that bad, but it drips onto the exhaust manifold...i'm pretty much over the smell of burning oil, but i'm not gonna spend the $$ to fix the leak

Attachments

#7 ·
370k! Damn, mines only at 156k the most I've had on anything was 220k on a 98 ram 1500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.