Soft clutch pedal after clutch replacement - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Soft clutch pedal after clutch replacement

I recently replaced the clutch and flywheel on my 05 6S and when it was all put back together my clutch pedal is was softer to push in than what it used to be for the last 11 years of owning this car. I used the exedy light fly and the exedy oem clutch so I have not idea if this is why the pedal feels softer.

Also, is there a difference between the auto and manual transmission upper mount? My mount needs to be replaced and all the ones I've come across would specify that it's for "automatic trans" only and the ones that don't specify have bad customer reviews that it won't fit the MTX transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Try bleeding you're clutch slave cylinder.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Groans: 19
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Bleed or replace the clutch master/slave. Sometimes they just don't bleed after a clutch replacement, but it is definitely worth trying to bleed it out first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Thanks, I'll see if I can get my brother to help me out on this. I also noticed on brake booster there was some type of leakage around the master cylinder since the finish on the booster is all peeling up... I topped off the brake fluid reservoir a few days ago and so far the fluid level is still at full and there hasn't been any fresh leaks on the brake booster.

Also, anyone know any part numbers on that tranny mount? Is there a difference between the atx and MTX mount?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I second this post.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Like everyone else suggested. Bleed it out. I've done it before too and it worked.

- ComponY
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Drizzoh Send a message via MSN to Drizzoh Send a message via Yahoo to Drizzoh
The pedal should take less pressure to depress after replacing with a fresh clutch. The Exedy stage 1 and lightweight flywheel I put in a few years back reduced pedal pressure by ~70%... it was FANTASTIC. Unless you lost brake fluid when doing the install you shouldn't need to bleed the slave cylinder, but it couldn't hurt if the fluid is old. I threw up a DIY here for it on the other forum if you're interested: http://www.6crew.com/forum/showthrea...e-Install-3-0l

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Andrew |

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Drizzoh Send a message via MSN to Drizzoh Send a message via Yahoo to Drizzoh
I would think there's a difference in the mounts. I ordered from Mazda when I replaced mine.

Andrew |

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzoh View Post
The pedal should take less pressure to depress after replacing with a fresh clutch. The Exedy stage 1 and lightweight flywheel I put in a few years back reduced pedal pressure by ~70%... it was FANTASTIC.

I'd qualify this. If you replace the clutch with a factory one then the pressure will be the same (I did this).

Scott

2004 Mazda 6s GT MTX sports package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page