Mazda 6 Forums banner

Interior Climate Control Buttons

9K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  hurddawg 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I searched the forums but can't find anything in regards to the replacement of the climate control button lights (photo attached). My lights went out in both the far left and center buttons (controlling fan speed and air direction/distribution, respectively) in my '03 6s. I haven't taken anything apart yet because I wanted to get some feedback.

Will I need to replace these buttons as a whole, or can I open them up and just replace the light? A photo is attached of what I'm talking about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
hey citenX - i have had to replace one in the climate and the seat warmer lights in the switches in my car.

disassemble the center stack, and get the burnt out bulb.

go to Radio Shack and go to the section where the little lights are and match it to what you can find. you'll be getting microlamp 12v bulbs: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=family

after you get them, replace the bulbs; very easy shmeasy.

someone else on the forum was told that the entire assembly needed to be replaced - not true! just the little bulb that costs pennies!

i'll find the thread i had about this and point it out to you, but really, the little bulb is just burnt out.

alex

#3 ·
Hey guys, I searched the forums but can't find anything in regards to the replacement of the climate control button lights (photo attached). My lights went out in both the far left and center buttons (controlling fan speed and air direction/distribution, respectively) in my '03 6s. I haven't taken anything apart yet because I wanted to get some feedback.

Will I need to replace these buttons as a whole, or can I open them up and just replace the light? A photo is attached of what I'm talking about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/b]
See the sticky lightbulb thread as well, this just came up over there too. I posted the Radio Shack part that should be the right one.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...t&p=1331455

#5 ·
I used this link to find out what bulbs to order and replaced them for my wife's '03 Mazda 6:

I ordered the NEO4-R 4mm NEO4-x Red. I ordered 5 of them.

Climate Control Back Light Out - Need Help - Mazdaspeed Forums

I still have issues after replacing them as the fan and hot/cold knobs still don't light. I either installed them wrong or the a/c control board is bad. Wife isn't concerned about it.

Thanks!

#6 ·
I used this link to find out what bulbs to order and replaced them for my wife's '03 Mazda 6:

I ordered the NEO4-R 4mm NEO4-x Red. I ordered 5 of them.

Climate Control Back Light Out - Need Help - Mazdaspeed Forums

I still have issues after replacing them as the fan and hot/cold knobs still don't light. I either installed them wrong or the a/c control board is bad. Wife isn't concerned about it.

Thanks!

The LED bulbs have a polarity. If they are not lighting then rotate them 180 degrees.

It should be noted that the LED lights are SIGNIFICANTLY brighter than the OEM lights. They do dim and at the lowest dimmer setting on my 2004 6s they are still brighter then the OEM bulbs at full illumination.

They are proving to be a bit distracting so I may slide the original red sleeves off the factory bulbs and replace them with some from Dorman or scavenge some salvage yard ones.

It's comically bright....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.