Mazda 6 Forums banner

About HID system

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  umnitza 
#1 ·
am interested in installing HID's in my Lapis Blue 04 M6. Any of you have some suggestions and what is my best bet. AFFORDABLE also. </span>

#3 ·
I guess there are lots of choices...

McCulloch, Xtec, Philips, and Prolumen

A lot of people went for McCulloch as it's cheaper at the GB.

Xtec is a brand new HID kit for us, but A LOT of mazda3forums members bought it and the best thing about it is that it's LIFETIME WARRANTY!!! <-- on anything !!!

Philips is the most expensive ones i guess... you can get them from xenondepot.com, but i guess they offer the best "quality", as the ballast is Philips, and couple of OEM luxury xenon-equipped cars use them.

I dont know about Prolumen, but according to the people who bought the Umnitza Angel Eyes, they are quite satisfied with it... but if you are thinking of buying the angel eyes, may as well retrofit your lights.

Just my 0.02

#4 ·
With these halo lighting thing do you get the same brightness, because it seems as if when you put them on you loose a lot of lighting. I love the way these look and i am interested in buying them together with the HID's but i do not know if it is worth getting both verses to just the HID.. ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!

#5 ·
Hmm what do you mean the same brightness? those Halos are just compliments to your HID. They wont affect your lights in any way, only looks good.

Like i was saying, if you dont mind opening your headlight, you could retrofit your car, instead of just getting HID kit

#6 ·
stick with 6k and below for visability and to keep the cops off your bak.

I have the 4100 catz kit. It's nice and has a clean white flood of light flooding the ground in frot of me. only thng i have issues with is the cutoff. One of theses days I''ll remove the divider in the front of the projector.

#7 ·
Yeah 6000K HID kits is good enough, and i dont think it would produce that much glare though... i've seen a member's philips 6000K HID kit, and it doesnt produce that much glare when i see it in person...

Catz HID made the best HID kit ever.... that i heard a lot of people said.... but they are discontinued in US i think...

#8 ·
Originally posted by t_mo_t@Apr 20 2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah 6000K HID kits is good enough, and i dont think it would produce that much glare though... i've seen a member's philips 6000K HID kit, and it doesnt produce that much glare when i see it in person...

Catz HID made the best HID kit ever.... that i heard a lot of people said.... but they are discontinued in US i think...
[snapback]396199[/snapback]​
yes catz hand caried to us (Thanx SC3!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.