No synthetic oil for 2018 2.5T?? - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

6Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 09:29 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
Motul 5W30 it's a very good high performance oil perfect for turbo engines. Another great choice is Liqui-Moly. If you drive in a hot climate, don't hesitate to use 5W40.
Which Motul 5w30 would you suggest? I used amsoil signature for my 2014 but i see that its ACAE A5/B5 not A3/B4.
Amsoil also sells a european formula 5w30 which is A3/B4 so I may check that one out also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 09:42 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Thanked 1,153 Times in 842 Posts
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Garage
Come on guys, we're talking oil, not bashing BMW drivers...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 10:50 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael95350 View Post
I have used Mobil-1 for years and have had ZERO engine issues. In fact, most people who drain my oil remark that I could have went another 5000mi on it based on color alone. Naturally, I won't because most of the additives have been used up by the time I get the oil changed. I've used Mobil-1 exclusively on the last 3 cars I've owned and never had burn, leak or sludge issues on ANY of them. Period.

FWIW I run the "Asian" High-Efficiency green label Mobil-1 in my Mazda and it does just fine. As far as BMW owners, you can't tell them anything. Most of them think that because they own a German rendition of a Ford that they're better than most. Seem to carry that attitude with them on the highway, where they think they should be given open berth to all lanes.
The colour of oil or how it looks means practically nothing. Just because it looks dirty doesn't mean it hasn't been sheared yet and cannot protect the engine's internals any longer. A more important criteria, especially when it comes to DI motors is how the oil actually smells. You will smell the fuel in the oil, and if it gives off a pungent smell that is a strong indication that the oil needs to be changed.

BMW's? being a rendition of a Ford? What on earth are you talking about? I'll refrain from being rude this time because you've clearly never driven a BMW. Seems like you just use the stereotype of a bunch of bad drivers to formulate your opinion on the brand of a whole which is incredibly stupid and ignorant. How could you blame the brand if it's drivers are the ones that are often dickheads? Plus, i've ran into lots of BMW owners that are quite skilled and actually good drivers. Their inline 6 engines are fantastic, transmission tuning is impeccable, chassis feels eerily similar to the Mazda 6, but RWD and more refined/luxurious. You just keep on doing your thing and portraying the image of a Mobil 1 using dickhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigrhapy View Post
Which Motul 5w30 would you suggest? I used amsoil signature for my 2014 but i see that its ACAE A5/B5 not A3/B4.
Amsoil also sells a european formula 5w30 which is A3/B4 so I may check that one out also.
This one here:

https://germanparts.ca/parts/773601O...xoCgJEQAvD_BwE

If you end up using it, You should make a post about it comparing it to whatever oil you've used in the past. You will definitely feel a difference it is great stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
Waste of Money ^^^^

If you want to use the best oil for your engine, 2.5T this is what to buy and use. The price is less than half of what has been recommended and a better oil. There are 1 or 2 others that are as good but nothing better.

Drain the oil, replace the filter and dump the "Jug" in. Perfect amount. no checking the dipstick. Be happy.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post
Waste of Money ^^^^
And how did you come to this conclusion? Because you've tried using this oil before in the past, let alone actually done some sort of research on why it's so good?

Yes it's pricey, but it's worth every last penny. It is incredibly resistant to fuel shear meaning it protects your engine better toward the end of your oil change interval which means you can run this oil for longer offsetting the extra chump change you put towards it initially during your oil change. The Pennzoil Platinum you linked in your post is also great stuff, but please don't comment about things you have absolutely zero information on or any sort of personal experience.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
And how did you come to this conclusion? Because you've tried using this oil before in the past, let alone actually done some sort of research on why it's so good?

Yes it's pricey, but it's worth every last penny. It is incredibly resistant to fuel shear meaning it protects your engine better toward the end of your oil change interval which means you can run this oil for longer offsetting the extra chump change you put towards it initially during your oil change. The Pennzoil Platinum you linked in your post is also great stuff, but please don't comment about things you have absolutely zero information on or any sort of personal experience.
I'm involved and participate in all things oil. Yes I have done research and stand by exactly what I said. No, your recommendation is not worth every last penny.

Your recommended oil does not have the same specifications and is simply not as good of an oil for the 2.5T engine ESPECIALLY for the money.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Waste of Money ^^^^

If you want to use the best oil for your engine, 2.5T this is what to buy and use. The price is less than half of what has been recommended and a better oil. There are 1 or 2 others that are as good but nothing better.

I went on their site and said it's A5/B5-10 & A1/B1-10. Don't I want something A3/B4?
Sorry I don't understand all the specs and what is better or worse than the others.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm involved and participate in all things oil. Yes I have done research and stand by exactly what I said. No, your recommendation is not worth every last penny.

Your recommended oil does not have the same specifications and is simply not as good of an oil for the 2.5T engine ESPECIALLY for the money.
Complete and utter horse-shit. Please, just stop commenting on highly regarded quality products you have no experience with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigrhapy View Post
I went on their site and said it's A5/B5-10 & A1/B1-10. Don't I want something A3/B4?
Sorry I don't understand all the specs and what is better or worse than the others.
Don't waste your time trying to understand something useless. Just pick a good oil from this list and forget about it:

Motul
Liqui-Moly
Redline
Pennzoil Platinum
Pentosin
Shell

I'm sure I am forgetting a few other good ones in this list, but these are by far the best you can put into your car.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
So, here is an update....

The dealership never called me back to explain why I shouldn't use synthetic in my 2.5T. So, I decided to email an acquaintance who happens to be the midwest regional manager for Customer Experience, Retention, and Owner Loyalty for MNAO. He forwarded my question to their technical department. This was their response:

For the turbo SkyActiv engines we require a heavier oil of 5W-30 that meets the typical GF-5 and SN standards. Both synthetic and conventional oils out there meet these standards so it really is up to the customer to decide if they want synthetic or not. The statement below that we “do not” recommend synthetic 5W-30 is bogus as I personally WOULD recommend the synthetic oil.

Case closed... at least from Mazda's take on this.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 05:51 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Thanked 1,153 Times in 842 Posts
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenesejedd View Post
Case closed... at least from Mazda's take on this.
Seems like it's a great time to close this thread up also, since your question was answered, and I've seen enough posts about oil this past 4-6 weeks that it's causing me to throw up a little everytime I see that word...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
GerryB, ocramida and tenesejedd like this.

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
The Following User Says Thank You to Mz6GreyGhost For This Useful Post:
ocramida (09-19-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in