Ov tuning looking for local M6 turbo - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 08:51 PM
Learners License
 
Bmoreno17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Updates??
Bmoreno17 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 02:20 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: E SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Thanks: 18
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
crickets...
1BlinkGone is offline  
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Mazda Guru
 
Mz6GreyGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 8,328
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Thanks: 725
Thanked 1,156 Times in 843 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Welp, thanks to this post, looks like we're not getting a tune from these guys.

Hope nobody was holding their breath. I sure wasn't...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Mz6GreyGhost is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Registered User
 
ocramida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,236
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Thanks: 38
Thanked 107 Times in 96 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Well at least it makes my decision easier.

That leaves zero Mazda tuners then?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
ocramida is offline  
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 11:48 PM
Registered User
 
Archerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Southeast Asia
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocramida View Post
Well at least it makes my decision easier.

That leaves zero Mazda tuners then?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
You still have a couple of weeks... and make sure to rent a dynamometer to guarantee a final tune.
Archerfish is online now  
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 11:53 PM
Registered User
 
Archerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Southeast Asia
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz6GreyGhost View Post
Welp, thanks to this post, looks like we're not getting a tune from these guys.

Hope nobody was holding their breath. I sure wasn't...
Welcome! And thank you for the warm welcome, I'm really glad to be of service even in small ways.
Archerfish is online now  
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 07:13 AM
Learners License
 
TORQUERULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
You still have a couple of weeks... and make sure to rent a dynamometer to guarantee a final tune.
While I would say "go for it" if you have an N/A Skyactiv as his development is well-documented and extensive for those engines, I would NOT get a knee-jerk last minute tune for the 2.5T as you do NOT want any hiccups on a turbo engine. He even admitted to me a couple of months ago that it was a tune in development and he was still experimenting with it. I would be very hesitant.

2018 Machine Gray Mazda 6 Grand Touring 2.5 Turbo 35% tint, OEM splash guards, LED bulbs inside and license plate, Corksport intake, Corksport Boost Tube, Pedal Commander, Maxpider 3D floor mats, G2 silver caliper coating, OEM copy trunk spoiler. Coming soon: Corksport turbo inlet pipe, Progress rear sway-bar, Orange Virus or DRTuned tuning??.
TORQUERULES is offline  
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 07:26 AM
Registered User
 
Archerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Southeast Asia
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUERULES View Post
While I would say "go for it" if you have an N/A Skyactiv as his development is well-documented and extensive for those engines, I would NOT get a knee-jerk last minute tune for the 2.5T as you do NOT want any hiccups on a turbo engine. He even admitted to me a couple of months ago that it was a tune in development and he was still experimenting with it. I would be very hesitant.
I have the diesel variant and I think I'm the only one in our country with OVT. I admit that I was hesitant considering that the US market doesn't have the diesel.

Anyways, I already got OVT about six months ago. I still don't know if there's improvement on my everyday driving, except that I have Dyno results with an increase of 20 wheel horsepower. I don't know if this is an indication but the tires will always screech whenever I hit the pedal hard.

I haven't tried this alone and I haven't tried racing again so I really can't tell. And besides, I really don't know what to look for.


Going back, I agree with you to "ditch" OVT for those who are planning on getting it. We are no longer the priority and so customer service might be affected in one way or another.
Archerfish is online now  
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Learners License
 
TORQUERULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
I have the diesel variant and I think I'm the only one in our country with OVT. I admit that I was hesitant considering that the US market doesn't have the diesel.

Anyways, I already got OVT about six months ago. I still don't know if there's improvement on my everyday driving, except that I have Dyno results with an increase of 20 wheel horsepower. I don't know if this is an indication but the tires will always screech whenever I hit the pedal hard.

I haven't tried this alone and I haven't tried racing again so I really can't tell. And besides, I really don't know what to look for.


Going back, I agree with you to "ditch" OVT for those who are planning on getting it. We are no longer the priority and so customer service might be affected in one way or another.
I had their tune on my CX-3, but I'd be hesitant to go for one now...

Not saying it wouldn't work and you might get support for a time, but the lack of development scares me. Especially on a direct injection turbo engine.

2018 Machine Gray Mazda 6 Grand Touring 2.5 Turbo 35% tint, OEM splash guards, LED bulbs inside and license plate, Corksport intake, Corksport Boost Tube, Pedal Commander, Maxpider 3D floor mats, G2 silver caliper coating, OEM copy trunk spoiler. Coming soon: Corksport turbo inlet pipe, Progress rear sway-bar, Orange Virus or DRTuned tuning??.
TORQUERULES is offline  
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Registered User
 
Archerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Southeast Asia
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUERULES View Post
I had their tune on my CX-3, but I'd be hesitant to go for one now...

Not saying it wouldn't work and you might get support for a time, but the lack of development scares me. Especially on a direct injection turbo engine.
What you have said scares me as the diesel variant is equipped with a turbocharger.
Archerfish is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome