2018 Turbo 0-60 Time - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 02:10 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thought it was going to be a little bit faster but not bad at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Garage
A post from Drive Accord: my wife's 2007 Accord back in the spring of 2008.

2007 Accord EX-L coupe J30A5 automatic Cool Blue-Black Interior
17mm rear bar, BFG COMP-2 A/S, Philips 9006 CrystalVision Ultra, interior LEDs, 3m Ceramic 40%

I can’t compute 0-60Mph (Because Mph cannot be measured at the drag strip unless associated with a known distance; IE: How fast are you moving at the 100’ mark) but I sure can understand the 1/4ET & Mph. First, the Mph for the 244Hp is probably spot on with a density altitude of close to sea level. I was able to Mph @ 93.95Mph, 93.71Mph, 93.21Mph, 93.16Mph & 93.09Mph in my wife’s 2007 Accord EX-L coupe J30A5 automatic. Now my Mph is at a NHRA track (Houston Raceway Park) where the Mph is an average of the top speed generated at two points on the track @ 1254’ & 1320’.

Now the ET that they publish is defiantly way off. My guess is they left off idle and let the transmission in drive; but it still is slow as I was able to pull down a 15.26ET & a 15.33ET in drive with a best of 15.149ET manual shifting @ 7000Rpm (Perfect!) and (Brake torque @ 1000Rpm).

2016 Touring manual Deep Crystal Blue Mica/Sand leatherette

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% 3M Ceramic film|OEM NAVI, cargo tray, F&R splash guards|TPI C726445F Wheel Locks|Interior & BKup LEDs|iJDMTOY Fogs yellow Lamin-x & H9s Mazda stalk|H9 headlights
A119 dashcam w/GPS & Lexar microSDXC 128GB|Polk Audio DB351s/100V 47uF caps in dash|DXI 651s rear doors|Kenwood KSC-SW11 subwoofer|Thermoquiet acoustic insulation
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Comparing 0-60 times on family sedans is a dick-measuring contest and misses the point. How often do you absolutely need to do 0-60 as quickly as possible? If you actually do need this on a regular basis, will +/- 1 second really matter? I understand it's fun to launch the car every now and then, but let's not get too hung up on 5.7s vs 6.7s, etc.

The new 2.5T has up to 310 lbs-ft of torque at just 2,000rpm. The real strength is going to be effortless acceleration/passing in daily driving situations.
idrive and Bill_k like this.

2017 Mazda 6 Touring manual

The Following User Says Thank You to LeMansteve For This Useful Post:
cgdelena:121568 (07-03-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansteve View Post
Comparing 0-60 times on family sedans is a dick-measuring contest and misses the point. How often do you absolutely need to do 0-60 as quickly as possible? If you actually do need this on a regular basis, will +/- 1 second really matter? I understand it's fun to launch the car every now and then, but let's not get too hung up on 5.7s vs 6.7s, etc.

The new 2.5T has up to 310 lbs-ft of torque at just 2,000rpm. The real strength is going to be effortless acceleration/passing in daily driving situations.
Could not agree more!
Leave the stop watch at home and enjoy the ride.
soopa76 likes this.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
I think the latest Car & Driver in depth review proves the non-turbo 6 is just fine and the new turbo isn't worth it, which I've been saying all along.

Consider:
  • The turbo is the slowest car in its class, while the non-turbo is still the fastest car in its class.
  • The non-turbo is 0.4 sec slower at 50-70mph than the turbo, but it's still an excellent 4.6 seconds, which equals the new Camry V6 (300 hp!) and is significantly better than any car in its non-turbo class.
  • The turbo is only marginally better in the quarter mile than the non-turbo, and how often is anyone flooring it to 90+ mph from a stop anyway.

Overall Car & Driver says "Too bad the new engine failed to separate itself versus the naturally aspirated version, which also has a responsive throttle and respectable acceleration times."

Skip the turbo, go with what is still the best base powertrain in the business and beats some of the competitors' upgraded powertrains.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...d-transmission

2017 Mazda6 Deep Crystal Blue Touring w/ Bose/Moonroof and Premium Packages
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCrystal17 View Post
  • The turbo is the slowest car in its class, while the non-turbo is still the fastest car in its class.
The problem with the review is it looks like they were still comparing this or last year's Mazda base 4 cylinder (it's not clear) to all of the competitor's previous year models. For example, the Honda Accord was still listing the times for a N/A 2.4 4 cylinder instead of the 1.5 turbo.

And if they were still using the 2017 4 cylinder numbers, it may not be a good comparison to this years 2018 turbo because the 2018 base 4 cylinder might be heavier and have slower times.

The review was all over the place and very confusing to read and had errors through out it.

2018 Signature
White Pearl - Chestnut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page