The 2018 Mazda 6 Is Getting A Turbo! - Page 81 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

247Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #801 of 1129 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpanda View Post
https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/2018-mazda6-premium-performance-design-heighten-appeal/

All information for the 18 MY.

Goes on sale in April.

Sport is standard with dual zone climate control, led head lights, cylinder deactivation with the AT, 8 inch headunit. The trim also gets a safety tech package option too but AT only. Looks like the package puts some current touring features into the sport.

Soul red crystal is also 595 wtf.
Love it when people say "wtf" about what manufacturers charge. Its a complex paint finish. And if you dont want to pay, dont pay.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #802 of 1129 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 09:02 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Was just surprised about the paint doubling in cost.
post #803 of 1129 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 09:51 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Thanked 1,153 Times in 842 Posts
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Garage
Looks like the GT Reserve is better for me as well, unless there's a HUGE difference in interior quality and materials compared to the Signature. But based on past experience, I doubt it.

Now the tough questions... New house or new 6? Maybe both?

Decisions, decisions...

Edit: I found this:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/03/2018-mazda6-pricing-announced-ahead-of-april-sale-date.html

In that, it mentions that the new grille shown in the pics is a gunmetal color, which is standard on only the Signature. Now I'm wondering if the lesser models get the same style grille (but just in black) or if it's more like the current version...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #804 of 1129 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocramida View Post
Love it when people say "wtf" about what manufacturers charge. Its a complex paint finish. And if you dont want to pay, dont pay.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I agree - I always thought the original Soul Red was dirt cheap at $300. Premium paint colors on other cars carry a much higher upcharge.

Overall, I'm disappointed with the model range announcements for 2018....Way too crowded above $30,000, and a downgrade in luxury/convenience features for the Touring and GT models. 17" wheels and cloth seats on the only manual transmission version sucks...If you want a 6MT, you'll give up a lot of nice features you could have gotten in the 2017 and 2017.5 Touring models - e.g., leatherette, auto headlamps, heated seats, rain sensing wipers, 19 inch rims, etc. The Touring has historically been Mazda's best selling version, so removing features from last year's models was a mistake, IMO. Even in the GT, you'll get an upgrade in power, but a downgrade in features (e.g., no leather, no heads up display, no power seats, etc.)

If I was in the market for the new model, I'd wait for the end of the 2018 or 2019 model year, when you could either buy a 6spd sport (you'd probably have to order one) at a $4K+ discount over last year's Touring, and use the savings to upgrade to a Katzkin heated leather interior, 19 inch wheels, ECU tune and a better stereo. Or I'd look to buy a GT, Reserve or Signature model at a substantial discount as the flood of $30K+ Turbo models rots on dealer lots across the country.

Last edited by TitaniumVT; 03-18-2018 at 01:43 PM.
post #805 of 1129 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
On the glass is half full side, it's mostly the 6MT Touring buyers and GT buyers that get screwed compared to last year. Touring AT customers will arguably get better value if they add the $625 iActive sense package. Among other things for a little over $26K (MSRP) with iActivesense, you get to maintain parity with last year's features and gain additional high value features like a sunroof, LED headlights and tail lights, etc.
post #806 of 1129 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 09:36 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Thanked 1,153 Times in 842 Posts
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Garage
Some more info:

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2018-mazda6-goes-upscale-base-model-starts-22840

Besides the Soul Red Crystal, it looks like the Machine Gray Metallic and Snowflake White Pearl Mica will also cost a few more $$$...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #807 of 1129 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 06:06 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpanda View Post
https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/2018-mazda6-premium-performance-design-heighten-appeal/

All information for the 18 MY.

Goes on sale in April.

Sport is standard with dual zone climate control, led head lights, cylinder deactivation with the AT, 8 inch headunit. The trim also gets a safety tech package option too but AT only. Looks like the package puts some current touring features into the sport.

Soul red crystal is also 595 wtf.

You are lucky. On my new 6 which arrives in 10 days time. The Soul Red cost 8000 Dkr. which is $1326, So $600 looks like a bargain to me
post #808 of 1129 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 10:52 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Very happy I got my Touring manual tranny while it was still around. I'd love a turbo 6, but this car is just like everything else without a manual.

There is no shortage of mid/large size cars with FWD and better power figures than our 2.5 NA SkyActiv.

Camry, Accord, Altima, Maxima, Malibu, Impala, Fusion, Taurus (they still make this?), S60, TLX, Regal, MKZ, Passat, Legacy (awd, same principal tho), Optima, Sonata, and probably more than that. I'm sure the new Mazda 6 will compete with all of these and maybe even best them, but at the same time, it just sort of gets lost in the crowded space. Then again no one buys manuals anyways so I'm just typing this for my own self wallowing.
post #809 of 1129 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6seriesmazdarati View Post
Very happy I got my Touring manual tranny while it was still around. I'd love a turbo 6, but this car is just like everything else without a manual.

There is no shortage of mid/large size cars with FWD and better power figures than our 2.5 NA SkyActiv.

Camry, Accord, Altima, Maxima, Malibu, Impala, Fusion, Taurus (they still make this?), S60, TLX, Regal, MKZ, Passat, Legacy (awd, same principal tho), Optima, Sonata, and probably more than that. I'm sure the new Mazda 6 will compete with all of these and maybe even best them, but at the same time, it just sort of gets lost in the crowded space. Then again no one buys manuals anyways so I'm just typing this for my own self wallowing.
You are not alone brother. Feel exactly the same after reading through some of the '18 details. Some Guiness and a Corned Beef Reuben on Rye for St Patty's Day will make you feel better though. Ask me how I know. I'm hoping by the time, this one need replacement, Mazda will re-think some of the decisions/packaging.
6seriesmazdarati likes this.

2017.5 Mazda6 Touring 6sp. manual Deep Crystal Blue, Fog Lights
post #810 of 1129 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 06:58 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMazda6 View Post
You are not alone brother. Feel exactly the same after reading through some of the '18 details. Some Guiness and a Corned Beef Reuben on Rye for St Patty's Day will make you feel better though. Ask me how I know. I'm hoping by the time, this one need replacement, Mazda will re-think some of the decisions/packaging.
I'm feeling those good St. Patrick vibes as well my friend. I'm also hopeful tho, that since it's a very similar engine to ours that maybe we'll get some aftermarket support to hook something up down the line? I figure tuners in general are going to be more interested in Mazda 6s since they have a turbo now and maybe some of that will trickle down to us N/A engine manny tranny people. Turbo being auto or not could help aftermarket for all of us.
I'm really not one for doing crazy tinkering with a car, but by then this car will be completely paid off and maybe it could be a cool project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page