Mazda 6 Forums banner

Purchased a 2015 Mazda6 with problems

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MazdaMetalhead 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, so the car is beautiful inside and out. I got it for a steal at 6,500 with 80,000 miles. The problem with the car is hard to start when cold, poor acceleration and poor power overall. While I was going up hills it loses speed. Idles fine when warm. Computer codes shows P0365, P0171, P0192,P0091. So it seems like bad camshaft sensor or low fuel pressure. I’m gonna check the car out tomorrow but it’s my first Mazda so any advice while be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys

#2 ·
Yeah, sounds like a problem with the camshaft phase sensor and also something going on with fuel pressure; I suspect you have two separate problems.

Given two separate problems, both potentially electrical I'd start with a very close inspection of the wiring harness...

#3 ·
Do you have service records?

Air filter, fuel filter, plugs etc. ever been changed? A "general inspection" would never hurt but knowing what service has been performed would be helpful.

Don't forget the cabin air filter (which obviously has nothing to do with the way it runs)

#4 ·
Thank you guys for responding. I never thought of checking the wiring harness. It’s a pain to find the camshaft sensor(to purchase). Is the location like the older 6 models where I would have to remove the pass side tire and access it through there?

#8 ·
Any updates on this? I'm interested to find out what was going on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.