LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
When you are cruising at 70MPH on the freeway, what is your engine RPM's.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
I should be getting out of town on wednesday, I'll chek the rpms then since I cant get past 50 in town.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
Engine RPM was 2500 at 70mph. I averaged 27mpg HW which is great since last highway mileage wasnt close. This is after cleaning injectors, changing atf fluid, and fixing small vacuum leak in injector o-ring which I caused when removing injectors for inspection.

My combined weekly driving is has not improved. The computer sayed I averaged 18.8mpg last week (would be an improvement), but after filling the tank I only got 16.9mpg. (I reset the computer average at every refill). So I got the worst mileage ever after my weekly fillup, but got pretty good highway mileage. It sucks since I dont do much stop and go driving at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 04:55 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidzorch View Post
Engine RPM was 2500 at 70mph. I averaged 27mpg HW which is great since last highway mileage wasnt close. This is after cleaning injectors, changing atf fluid, and fixing small vacuum leak in injector o-ring which I caused when removing injectors for inspection.

My combined weekly driving is has not improved. The computer sayed I averaged 18.8mpg last week (would be an improvement), but after filling the tank I only got 16.9mpg. (I reset the computer average at every refill). So I got the worst mileage ever after my weekly fillup, but got pretty good highway mileage. It sucks since I dont do much stop and go driving at all.
Those numbers are not too bad. As they get long in the tooth, mileage (and power) starts to wane. It may be worth it to have the vacuum system smoke checked. Smoking had much better results in detecting vacuum leaks when compared to spraying and is the standard.

Well done on dropping your LTFT. Perhaps you have been driving too softly for too long and what you need is a tank worth of good old fashioned lead-foot driving. My friends older Civic HF would drop to half of the rated mileage unless he got onto the freeway monthly and spent a good 20-30 min at 3000-4000 rpm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page