Orange Virus Tuned 3rd Gen Mazda6 2.5G Skayctiv Results and Technical Discussion - Page 118 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

181Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1171 of 1357 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Don't cut those seals !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solar365 View Post
Yeah when you lift the hood you will see 2 seals on the front of it. Cut out the forward one in the area around the inlet of the box, maybe a foot worth.

Also verify the aft seal runs over the top of the new inlet, not sitting uncompressed in front of it blocking air. IF it is blocking then extend the inlet with sheet metal or something or cut out the aft seal over the inlet.

On a separate note, I'm glad everybody is now able to take advantage of the benefits of the SRI without as much of the negatives, like I have been with my custom air box.
THIS IS FOR ALL YOU GUYS THAT HAVE THE NEW CS CAB ! Look at the picture in this post ! That would be the one with the red under hood ! Just to the left of the air inlet you see a plastic cover that has a label on it. To the left you see a circular press clip , and if you look to the right of that piece you will find a second clip. Pop those off and you will see just below the hood latch a duct that will funnel air up through the opening and directly to the air inlet.Look then at the underside of the hood where the seal recedes back toward the firewall.You will see that portion is raised up a bit and that serves as the plenum for your cooler air that is drawn past the hood latch. . If you look at the way the seals are fastened , with out another source for air , you would NEVER get to the OEM or CAB !. As to the inlet on the CS. I agree that maybe they should give us a tad more length , but you are in no danger. I did a real back yard experiment to see just where the seal sets on the inlet. Are you ready for this ?? I sprinkled some talcum powder on the inlet and then swiped some exotic blue grease on the seal. LO and BEHOLD the grease formed a perfect line from its center to its edges. Close , but not to worry. So guys , use my idea if you wish ,OR create your own. If you think I'm nuts , let me know and enjoy the hell out of your new air boxes. I am going to send off an email to CS to politely suggest the stretched inlet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1357 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason1019 View Post
Am i missing something? How are you seeing the temps?
I have a bluetooth OBDII reader that connects to my phone, and I use an app called torque to pull codes and look at the telemetry, which includes IATs
Mason1019 likes this.

2014 Mazda 6 Touring Liquid Silver
[ OVT 91 octane tune ][ CS Power Series SRI+Airbox ][ Racing Beat Axleback ][Paddle Shift retrofit][ Morimoto XB35 35w 5000k HID lows ][ LED interior lights and plate lights ][ 3M FX HP Tint ][ Dipped rims and dipped trim ]

post #1173 of 1357 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 01:27 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrycobra View Post
I have a bluetooth OBDII reader that connects to my phone, and I use an app called torque to pull codes and look at the telemetry, which includes IATs
^This -- and if you have the tactrix and mazdaedit and have been logging for the tune all you have to do is open up the log file with mazdaedit and you can see intake temps. The temps displayed in mazdaedit are in Degrees celcius though so keep that in mind!
Mason1019 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1174 of 1357 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Groans: 1
what's the website for this lemon tuning? I cant find them through google
post #1175 of 1357 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
https://www-peakperformance-tuning-c...l-ecu-tune-kit

They are handling the tunes for Orange Virus now.
post #1176 of 1357 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
As an experiment I want to flash back to stock and run 91 octane, and compare performance to my 87 OVT tune. Would I use the hex file that I originally got from epifan to do that?
post #1177 of 1357 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
So, I emailed OVT this question a week ago and never heard back. I clicked on the links to Peak Performance on his FB page and the links are bad. So not sure where to go to get this question answered. Also I was thinking about getting an additional tune but if this is how difficult it is just to get a question answered I'm very hesitant to do so...
post #1178 of 1357 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning View Post
Hey guys before it gets out of hand I'll repost a response from Peak Performance so everyone understands this is only going to help everyone and bring more development:

Sorry if this transition is confusing you guys. We at Peak Performance have the time and equipment to further develop services and products for Mazdas. Mat is moving into a different realm of development, Miatas. This will relinquish him of all the additional time and R&D work for other vehicles, and allow us to handle it. Mat is our consultant for certain things and at the same time ensuring that we can bring the same quality tunes that he has provided. Our tuner is more than capable, and has all resources at his disposal. Our tuner is a personal friend of Mat, he is not throwing anyone away or throwing anyone to the curb. What he is doing is allowing our shop to bring even more products, development and cool things to the community. If you haven't noticed shortly after our transition we have been making headers, turbos, and more. Mat gave us the opportunity to give the performance parts the community wanted that he simply did not have the time to invest in.
We work closely with Mat and will in the future. This move is only changing who will service your vehicle(s). the same R&D resources knowledge and products.
I've been away from the forum for a while, and everything was 'on hold' until the weather got a bit warmer, and my daughter's gymnastics schedule eased up a bit.

Did I miss something? I don't recall getting an email or other notification. I just took my first datalog and sent the file to the email address from when I got my MazdaEdit keys and stock hex dump. Should I be sending it somewhere else? The links on Facebook goes to an unavailable Shopify Storefront.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." -- Hedley Lamarr
post #1179 of 1357 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkrz View Post
As an experiment I want to flash back to stock and run 91 octane, and compare performance to my 87 OVT tune. Would I use the hex file that I originally got from epifan to do that?
If you're referring to the file that you got back from epifan after you sent him your "ecu dump" then yes, that is your stock tune file.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Mazda6 Sport with 6-speed
- Koni Sport Dampers with H&R Springs
- Morimoto 4500k HIDs
2001 Miata Project (blown engine)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1180 of 1357 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 11:05 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkrz View Post
So, I emailed OVT this question a week ago and never heard back. I clicked on the links to Peak Performance on his FB page and the links are bad. So not sure where to go to get this question answered. Also I was thinking about getting an additional tune but if this is how difficult it is just to get a question answered I'm very hesitant to do so...
Hey bro, OVT had been away for the past week for an emergency. He even posted it on his FB page. Thats why till now you haven't heard from him. He'll be coming back soon.

You can check OVT news on his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/Orangevirustuningltd/timeline

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page