Orange Virus Tuned 3rd Gen Mazda6 2.5G Skayctiv Results and Technical Discussion - Page 107 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

181Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1061 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
If I was closer to being out of my warranty id buy it, but I just rolled 10k miles so not for me just yet.

380 seems crazy high, but maybe on e85 mix. I wonder how long everything will last at that power level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1062 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Garage
Everything downstream of the motor can handle 300-320 lb ft of torque without breaking, so you could always dial back the boost and tune to get there. The engine would likely be ok too, although the rpm limiter should be left alone to cut the engine some slack.

But none of the rest of the car is ready for that much power being used on any frequent basis...Tires, bushings, brakes, cooling system, but you could get it there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Flowmaster dBX Exhaust---Corksport SRI W/Cold Air Box---OrangeVirus Tuned ECU---90lb Weight Red.---Shifter Mods

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
post #1063 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesxx01 View Post
I was thinking/hopeful that he does not sell Tractrix anymore because he plans on eventually switching over to EcuTec,,, once it's ready for the rest of the Mazda line!
When you say EcuTec are you meaning EcuTek? If so that would be .

2014 Mazda6 Sport with 6-speed
- Koni Sport Dampers with H&R Springs
- Morimoto 4500k HIDs
2001 Miata Project (blown engine)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1064 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 03:05 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Dinan View Post
380HP???

I thought they were shooting for 300HP?
I'd love to have it, but I think Mat said it was near 4K for it. Unfortunately, that's out of range for my play money
i remember back while ago that OVT plans to make a low boost and higher boost option. Low boost for around 300hp is so the stock drive train can handle it without much issues, the higher boost 380hp will probably need some parts strengthening. The biggest question for me would be if the ATX is even capable of a turbo powerband without any calibration tweaks, which according to matt is currently not tunable. I live in california anyways so any bolt on turbo is probably hecka illegal here anyways lol

2014 Mazda 6 Touring Liquid Silver
[ OVT 91 octane tune ][ CS Power Series SRI+Airbox ][ Racing Beat Axleback ][Paddle Shift retrofit][ Morimoto XB35 35w 5000k HID lows ][ LED interior lights and plate lights ][ 3M FX HP Tint ][ Dipped rims and dipped trim ]

post #1065 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar365 View Post
Everything downstream of the motor can handle 300-320 lb ft of torque without breaking, so you could always dial back the boost and tune to get there. The engine would likely be ok too, although the rpm limiter should be left alone to cut the engine some slack.

But none of the rest of the car is ready for that much power being used on any frequent basis...Tires, bushings, brakes, cooling system, but you could get it there.
I think cooling system will not be an issue. I doubt, but i could be wrong, Mazda uses beefed up cooling for their speed lineup. Tires and brakes are cheap enough, if you're willing to spend money on the turbo and all the future issues that may and will arise by force feeding NA motor. But suspension components, bushings, motor mounts, will all cause issues and not everything in those categories are yet available for M6 that could withstand so much power, or might not ever be available.
But I would still risk and rock one of those

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #1066 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Lots of cool stuff coming for skyactiv owners early next year.
-Turbo kits are in production right now, we'll have some teaser pics soon.
- We are also making drop-in "crate" High output N/A Long blocks. Fully ported, cams, strengthened bottom end, etc.

We're starting with the 2.0L (here's our engine we bought for part measurements) the 2.5L comes next. For anyone looking to maximize power without turbo/forced induction... you'll want to keep an eye on this : Skyactiv 2.5L High Output Built Longblock ? OrangeVirus Tuning

we're expecting around 250BHP on our "street" version. Our "race" version will get a nice set of billet light-weight rods, rev to about 8800 and we're expecting close to 300BHP with E85...yes 8800 RPM ^_^

We have got a lot of interest from 6 folks lately, shall we put together another group buy? Also for anyone with our current tunes...we had a few users from here test out a couple of our table updates, quite a difference.
For all CARB (cali) ecus..we have FULL AFR control cracked...
post #1067 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Need any more 'beta testers?'
post #1068 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
Need any more 'beta testers?'
Unfortunately we are long past any beta testing ^_^.

I forgot to mention in my last post. Who all would be interested in a stainless 4-2-1 header? built by us in-house and tested.

We have already tested and tuned a header upgrade on the 2.0L miata and the gains were phenomenal.

We could do a group buy on it, but it would require a minimum of 10. Not carb complaint (sorry california folks, Californias air board sucks!)
price is going to be around $769 before group buy. It won't make much more on the top end, but it makes a huge difference in torque across the entire rpm band (literally 25+ ft lbs on the 2.0L from 2k-6k, peaking 36 ft lbs..on the 2.0!!)

happy holidays!
furiousbob and Mason1019 like this.

Last edited by OrangeVirus Tuning; 12-24-2015 at 01:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to OrangeVirus Tuning For This Useful Post:
furiousbob (01-07-2016)
post #1069 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Definitely interested in tune revision... and everything else, but it's all dependent on pricing. O_O
mcbru likes this.
post #1070 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVirus Tuning View Post
Lots of cool stuff coming for skyactiv owners early next year.
-Turbo kits are in production right now, we'll have some teaser pics soon.
- We are also making drop-in "crate" High output N/A Long blocks. Fully ported, cams, strengthened bottom end, etc.

We're starting with the 2.0L (here's our engine we bought for part measurements) the 2.5L comes next. For anyone looking to maximize power without turbo/forced induction... you'll want to keep an eye on this : Skyactiv 2.5L High Output Built Longblock ? OrangeVirus Tuning

we're expecting around 250BHP on our "street" version. Our "race" version will get a nice set of billet light-weight rods, rev to about 8800 and we're expecting close to 300BHP with E85...yes 8800 RPM ^_^

We have got a lot of interest from 6 folks lately, shall we put together another group buy? Also for anyone with our current tunes...we had a few users from here test out a couple of our table updates, quite a difference.
For all CARB (cali) ecus..we have FULL AFR control cracked...
Group buy for tune? If so im in. I will be ready to purchase in about two weeks either way

Is that long enough to wait for the updates to go live?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page