Orange Virus Tuned 3rd Gen Mazda6 2.5G Skayctiv Results and Technical Discussion - Page 106 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

181Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1051 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason1019 View Post
So my wife is buying me or should i say "letting me buy" the OVT tune for christmas. I checked out the website just now and noticed the price was only $299. I could have sworn it used to be $429?

In the product overview though it says hardware is not included. Im not sure what the hardware is? Is the cost of the hardware the difference in the price there or am i just being completly blonde here and looking at the wrong tune?
I'm guessing the tactrix cable is not included. That'll run you another $160 or so.
Mason1019 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
So my wife is buying me or should i say "letting me buy" the OVT tune for christmas. I checked out the website just now and noticed the price was only $299. I could have sworn it used to be $429?

In the product overview though it says hardware is not included. Im not sure what the hardware is? Is the cost of the hardware the difference in the price there or am i just being completly blonde here and looking at the wrong tune?
that would be the correct one as of now. simply put I believe the $299 buys you the mazda edit(tuning software) license and the OVT custom tune. In addition you will need to visit tactix.com to buy the tactrix dongle and that plugs into your OBDII port and connects to a laptop/windows tablet to flash the tune/ log tunes. so yes you will also need a windows laptop or tablet in order to run the tuning/flashing software.

back then he had a few packages to choose from depending on how much hardware/software you needed to tune your car, the cheapest would just have the bare minimum ie software and the tune, and the most expensive package included the tune, software, tactix as well as tablet pc to give you a complete plug and play package. I guess it got too cluttered and confusing so he now just offers one simple package instead
Mason1019 likes this.

2014 Mazda 6 Touring Liquid Silver
[ OVT 91 octane tune ][ CS Power Series SRI+Airbox ][ Racing Beat Axleback ][Paddle Shift retrofit][ Morimoto XB35 35w 5000k HID lows ][ LED interior lights and plate lights ][ 3M FX HP Tint ][ Dipped rims and dipped trim ]

Last edited by Jerrycobra; 12-20-2015 at 10:32 PM.
post #1053 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
You probably have to buy the Tactrix cable separately.
Mason1019 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1054 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrycobra View Post
I guess it got too cluttered and confusing so he now just offers one simple package instead
Almost guarantee it was this. When I ordered my tactrix it got shipped to the wrong address, I ended up getting it but he explained the weird system the order goes through and I think it's just easier for both him and us as customers to order our own tactrix. The tactrix company seems to be top notch so I'd feel comfortable buying from them.
solar365 and Mason1019 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Mazda6 Sport with 6-speed
- Koni Sport Dampers with H&R Springs
- Morimoto 4500k HIDs
2001 Miata Project (blown engine)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1055 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrycobra View Post
that would be the correct one as of now. simply put I believe the $299 buys you the mazda edit(tuning software) license and the OVT custom tune. In addition you will need to visit tactix.com to buy the tactrix dongle and that plugs into your OBDII port and connects to a laptop/windows tablet to flash the tune/ log tunes. so yes you will also need a windows laptop or tablet in order to run the tuning/flashing software.

back then he had a few packages to choose from depending on how much hardware/software you needed to tune your car, the cheapest would just have the bare minimum ie software and the tune, and the most expensive package included the tune, software, tactix as well as tablet pc to give you a complete plug and play package. I guess it got too cluttered and confusing so he now just offers one simple package instead
Perfect. Just making sure. From what solar told me i need this

http://www.tactrix.com/components/co...437551be29.jpg

Also, at what point do you get to talk to Mat regarding the customization of the tune?
post #1056 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Perfect. Just making sure. From what solar told me i need this

http://www.tactrix.com/components/co...437551be29.jpg

Also, at what point do you get to talk to Mat regarding the customization of the tune?
yup you will need to order one of those, here is the direct link

Tactrix Openport 2.0

you will not need any adapters just the unit itself. it comes with a USB cable to connect to your laptop

Once your order goes to OVT/Matt he should email you a detailed PDF on how to get everything setup, log files, and flash the ecu. It should go along the lines of something like this
1. download mazda edit program and get it registered
2. tell him the mods done to the car, MT/AT, desired octane and a general direction on how you want it tuned ie more low end tq, balls out power, drivability, etc
3. he sends you a base tune, you flash it into your ecu, and the fun begins from there. start driving, log flies, and go thru the 6-8 tunes to dial in the tune. all the files and communication will be sent back and forth via email
Mason1019 likes this.

2014 Mazda 6 Touring Liquid Silver
[ OVT 91 octane tune ][ CS Power Series SRI+Airbox ][ Racing Beat Axleback ][Paddle Shift retrofit][ Morimoto XB35 35w 5000k HID lows ][ LED interior lights and plate lights ][ 3M FX HP Tint ][ Dipped rims and dipped trim ]

Last edited by Jerrycobra; 12-20-2015 at 11:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jerrycobra For This Useful Post:
Mason1019 (12-21-2015)
post #1057 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
I was thinking/hopeful that he does not sell Tractrix anymore because he plans on eventually switching over to EcuTec,,, once it's ready for the rest of the Mazda line!

'16 CX-5 GT
'14 6 GT
'13 Golf R (APR Stage 2+)
'10 GTI (APR K04, 313 WHP)
'07 Mazdaspeed 6 (Cobb, CP-e)
post #1058 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Am I the only one who's super excited?

http://ovtuned.com/collections/force...rbocharger-kit

|
post #1059 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeecoo View Post
380HP???

I thought they were shooting for 300HP?
I'd love to have it, but I think Mat said it was near 4K for it. Unfortunately, that's out of range for my play money

2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring w/ tech package. Liquid silver metallic. Black leather interior. OV tuned - 93 octane with bouncing rev limiter. K&N drop-in. LED interior lighting. Razo leather shift knob. Chrome fog light trim. Door sill protectors.

post #1060 of 1357 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Dinan View Post
380HP???

I thought they were shooting for 300HP?
I'd love to have it, but I think Mat said it was near 4K for it. Unfortunately, that's out of range for my play money
I'm going to ask him if I can finance 😊

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page