Mazda 6 Forums banner

Chiptuning?

24K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  AUS6 
#1 ·
I've got the 2013 GJ 2.2 Skyactive-d 175 (AT) and i'm wondering if there are some serious chiptuning powerupgrades.. does anyone already use something to upgrade the engine power?

#2 ·
Yes, mostly in europe they are offering tunes for that engine, which you may be able to obtain remotely. They are much more prevalent than for the skyactive gas engines, since everybody loves to dial up the boost a turbo for easy power gains.

#4 ·
Personally, I wouldn't bother.

Last jap diesel I remapped, it tore various bits of the car to pieces in no time at all. ended up costing me a fortune for very little gain.

Just my 2p

#8 ·
HI Aus6

Thus far I have had the tune for 30 000kms, no sign if regen issues since Viezu do not just any of those settings , no evidence of oil rising either.
I was told buy Viezu if anything the regen will now be more efficient as the exhaust gas temp will run a bit higher than factory .... If I were you I would read up on Viezu before committing to a tune and just see the kinds of machinery they have experience tuning.
The only draw back is even though the tune is undetectable by the dealer it was erased when the Ecu was updated recently.. But don't worry Viezu wrote a new tuning file and uploaded it for free..

#11 ·
Well its been 3 years since I last looked at this post. At the time I was investigating my options for a "basic" tune. Had a Superchips tech come out but was unable to read the ECU to load new program. I found out about Racechip (racechip.eu) from a mate who had installed the intercept type module on his Mercedes A250. He had heaps of praise and no problems. So I ordered one out of Germany - at a cost of A$220 it was a "cheap" way to get some upgrades, although I was skeptical initially.

So I've had the Racehip installed in my car for a couple of years now - and yes it makes a significant improvement to power and torque. The device intercepts the Fuel rail connector and I can only assume that additional fuel is injected, as this is an easy gain for boosted diesels. Being a single plug takes 30 secs to install/de-install.

No problems so far except additional torque steer and wheelspin esp in the wet, luckily there aren't may wet days. This has been the cheapest and the most effective mod I've ever undertaken.

Hope this helps those looking to improve their excellent 22DTT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.