Mazda 6 Forums banner

Won't start! Pls help!

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Dew971011 
#1 ·
Hi everybody, i'm from Hungary so sorry for my bad English! I have a 2005 Mazda 6 with a 2.0 diesel engine. I stopped the car at night (with no symptom) and it didn't start in the morning. It cranked but it won't start... I checked the timing, it is good. Somebody could help me?

#2 ·
Is it cranking as usual ? A dying battery can try to crank but may not have enough juice to get the motor running, so that's the first thing i would check. May sound obvious but check if you have enough fuel. I'd then go on to the fuses for the injectors. Eliminate the simpler things first before moving on to the fuel and air delivery systems.

#6 ·
Is the engine flooded?

I don't know if this work on diesel engines but if you attempt to start the car with your foot on the gass 100% and hold it there for a few seconds, it puts the car into 'flood mode' and (hopefully) get it started again. I had to do this to my wife's Mazda 3 a few months ago because she got some bad gas and the car's O2 sensor was going.

#8 ·
You may want to research this further, but I've read before that a spritz of WD40 into the air intake can help with a hard-starting diesel engine. I believe regular starting fluid is bad for a diesel. Sounds like a fuel delivery issue, but I don't know much about diesels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.