Mazda 6 Forums banner

Fan Problem

821 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Byakuya 
#1 ·
My 2005 Mazda 6S (bought new), seems to have a problem respective to the radiator fans. The 'concern' started about 3 weeks ago.. as soon as I start the car the Fans turn on. In 14 years of everyday driving, hot weather, sometimes hundred or more miles; my car never over-heated & the radiator fans had never turned on. About 3-4 weeks ago I started the car & immediately both fans turn on! I thought the controller (Diver side at fan), went bad so I bought a new on (Amazon??), put it in & same thing; fans start as soon as the car starts (Cold). When ignition is turned off they run about 3-5 seconds then turn off. Did I maybe get a 'New but Bad' controller? ANY IDEAS of what else could cause the fans to start immediately WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

#2 ·
Living in Vegas the fans turn on when the AC is turned on or when temps are reached. When I turn off the ignition the fans remain spinning for a good 30-45 seconds and turns off. I changed the fan control module that the fans both plug into, I did get the module from amazon.I changed it because I didn’t think it was normal but it remains doing the same thing and doesn’t stay on for too long so battery draining isn’t a concern(Or I got a faulty module as well lol) Maybe it could be a relay that doesn’t function properly?

#3 ·
Fan relay control modules can go at any time on those cars and I've learned, from lots of people's experiences on here, that you unfortunately have to get the part directly from Mazda otherwise you run the risk of getting a bad one.

I've heard people's die from Fleabay within a week, others last years - it's a crapshoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.