Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Sound system upgrade

Hi all

I am looking for an advice.. my care came with the stock non Bose speakers, no amp & no tweeters, i have a set of Bose speakers, amplifier and tweeters lined up at a very cheap price (U$80).

Dose it worth it?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Are you talking about the factory bose speakers and amp or an aftermarket set up? Regardless, a bit of rewiring will be in order if you plan to add an aftermarket amp. I believe the stereo is different in the factory bose system as well, which would make you set up not compatible with the factory amp and speakers.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
The Following User Says Thank You to waughoo For This Useful Post:
mshamy (04-16-2019)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by waughoo View Post
Are you talking about the factory bose speakers and amp or an aftermarket set up? Regardless, a bit of rewiring will be in order if you plan to add an aftermarket amp. I believe the stereo is different in the factory bose system as well, which would make you set up not compatible with the factory amp and speakers.
Thanks for your quick reply..
I am talking about the factory Bose system, i noticed that my car is already equipped with the needed wiring, it would be a direct plug and play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
I think what he is saying is that the head units are different. The Bose hu sends line level signals to the Bose amp while the stock hu sends amplified signals to the factory speakers.

I've never dealt with the non Bose system so I'm not sure how it would work out just to use the amp and speakers. One could always try it and see but idk.

Ray.

2003 Mazda 6s

Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, Brake light mod, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, RX 8 seats, Custom LED side markers, Lower rear bumper lights and lots more to come!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Raydiate For This Useful Post:
mshamy (04-16-2019)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Raydiate View Post
I think what he is saying is that the head units are different. The Bose hu sends line level signals to the Bose amp while the stock hu sends amplified signals to the factory speakers.

I've never dealt with the non Bose system so I'm not sure how it would work out just to use the amp and speakers. One could always try it and see but idk.
I already have replaced the stock HU single Audio CD player with another -more advanced- also BOSE stock HU but with MP3 and 6 CD changer just in case.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
The wiring harnesses are often very different. I'd really be surprised if this is a plug and play installation but I could be wrong.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by waughoo View Post
The wiring harnesses are often very different. I'd really be surprised if this is a plug and play installation but I could be wrong.
It is direct plug and play, i already opened the door cards and found sockets of the tweeters, found a socket under the passenger seat for the amp (the yellow one is for the seat airbag) and found the socket of the sub-woofer as you could see in the photos.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:54 AM

Garage
Are you talking about the white plug that is attached to the bottom of the seat rail?

Ray.

2003 Mazda 6s

Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, Brake light mod, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, RX 8 seats, Custom LED side markers, Lower rear bumper lights and lots more to come!!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Raydiate View Post
Are you talking about the white plug that is attached to the bottom of the seat rail?
I think it is related to the seat heater, because the amp socket is different, i still have to lock underneath the floor carpet because there is already a place for the amp..
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:45 PM

Garage
Yes, that plug is for the seat heater. Good luck on your journey with this. TBH, I deleted everything Bose other than the head unit. Even with the stock Bose system it left a lot more to be had imho. If you are a bass head or into car audio at all, you won't be happy with the Bose sound.
mshamy likes this.

Ray.

2003 Mazda 6s

The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Raydiate For This Useful Post:
mshamy (04-17-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in